Amador Valley High School's DECA team earned high honors at the International Career Development Conference in Orlando, Fla.
The following team members brought home awards for Top 3 in the world:
* 1st Place Team: Jennifer Wang and Sophia Yang - Entrepreneurship Promotion Plan Chapter project
* 2nd Place Individual: Vanessa Lin - Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling
* 3rd Place Team: Annie Cai, Janel Lee, Sidharth Bommakanti - Learn and Earn Project Chapter Project
* 3rd Place Team: Sammy Salustri, Abhisek Sahoo, Pooja Kumar - Financial Literacy Promotion Plan Chapter Project
"This year's results were the best AVHS DECA has ever had, and the entire chapter is proud of these individuals," said Allison Dai, Amador Valley DECA vice president of public relations.
Amador Valley DECA had 52 members attending workshops and competing against over 18,000 students from the United States, Canada, China, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Guam.
Each category had hundreds of competitors, with about 15-25 moving on to the finals round, then top 10, then first, second or third place.
The following students also placed at the conference:
Top 10 finalists
* Shubhra Ganguly - Entreprenteurship Written event
* Vlada Lipkind and Megan Doi - Hospitality Services Team Role Plan
* Christain Lui, Jaewon Kim, Vinith Llavarasan - Fashion Merchandising Written event
* Katherine Xiao and Anika Ketrapal - Public Relations Project Chapter Project
As a state, California DECA won a total of 15 -- which Amador Valley brought back a third.