Town Square

Small fire leads to school evacuation

Original post made on Apr 14, 2008

The gym roof at Phoebe Hearst Elementary School caught fire around 9:53 a.m. Friday morning when workers were installing solar panels. It was put out before the fire department arrived and there was little damage to the building and no injuries were reported.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, April 14, 2008, 1:33 PM


Like this comment
Posted by Happy Parent
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Apr 14, 2008 at 2:55 pm

I am glad to hear that there was no damage to the school and that no one was injured! Mr. Kuhfal is a GREAT principal and I have no doubt that anything that happened or would happen would be handled in the most efficient and safe way. We are so lucky to have him at our school!

Like this comment
Posted by person
a resident of Golden Eagle
on Apr 25, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Good thing nobody in Hearst got hurt!

Like this comment
Posted by happy
a resident of Ponderosa
on Apr 25, 2008 at 8:52 pm