Town Square

Housing Assistance for the Tri-Valley

Original post made by Don, Ironwood, on May 28, 2013

Has anyone experienced problems with finding housing for adult persons with special needs in the Tri-Valley area? The Cities deal with and grant money to CRIL (Community Resources for Independent Living). They are very nice and send lists of available housing in the area on a monthly basis. However when you call these places, they either do not answer their phones, do not return calls, do not send applications when requested. It is a very frustrating experience and if anyone has any ideas, please share them.


Like this comment
Posted by My two cents
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 28, 2013 at 4:15 pm

My gut tells me this is as a result of a housing shortage in general. When someone is renting out a home in Pleasanton, often there are 20 or more families that want to rent it. Sorry you're not having any luck.

Like this comment
Posted by Don
a resident of Ironwood
on May 29, 2013 at 10:26 am

Agreed "My Two Cents", there is a housing shortage. I'm not speaking about single family residences, I am requesting information on available apts. even a Studio apt. with bathing and toilet facilities. The person that needs this is a very quiet adult lady that would like to be located near her family in the Tri-Valley area.

Like this comment
Posted by My Two Cents
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on May 29, 2013 at 6:54 pm

There's a shortage for housing period. This includes multi unit dwellings.