Just what is the Mayors agenda with going forward with this debate, does she plan to run for senator or governor, does she think this will help her case?
The city council should be dealing with issues regarding the city such as:
- speeding on Ray street
- the left turn light from northbound Main St onto Ray St
- the lack of crossing guards around Amador before and after school
- affordable housing in Pleasanton
- bring Starbucks and Peets coffee to downtown Pleasanton
- each house should have addresses painted on curb
- draw more business downtown, whether it is through parades, festivals, athletic events, school activities
- bring an anchor store to downtown Pleasanton to drum up businesses for the rest of the merchants ( a lot of family owned business continue to close on a regular basis and that is sad)
- promote "clean up your neighbor hood"
Debating on the war in Iraq will not change the facts. We are there, we have a mission to accomplish there. Our kids are in harms way there and need our support, not our political viewpoint.
Let's stick to issues where we can make a difference. Please, do not divide Pleasanton residents by promoting this agenda. We have such a wonderful place to live here, but if this continues, we will be at odds with our neighbors. Not a good idea. Let's keep world politics where they belong, in Washington DC.