Out of control public pensions - NYT oped
Original post made by We are not alone, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 7, 2011
Many similarities to Pleasanton:
- Public employees received a series of raises through the entire recession and are now pushing back on contributing more
- Employees making more than average citizens yet complaining they are being picked on when asked to compromise
- Layoffs (soft hiring freeze for Pleasanton) to compensate for higher costs of fewer remaining employees
- Annual pension costs are significantly larger than in the past and more than planned
- Unfunded pension liability large and growing
- Retirement medical costs also a significant problem
- Unions continue to be a road block for needed changes with dirty politics and misleading advertisement
Where will all you progressives go to defend your position when now even your progressive bastion NYT is coming around to the problem?
Sandia recognizes top girl scholars with math/science awards
By Jeb Bing | 0 comments | 347 views
2017 guide to summer camps
Looking for something for the kids to do this summer, learn something new and have fun? The 2017 Summer Camp Guide features local camps for all ages and interests.