Town Square

Post a New Topic

Researching public transportation-- how to contact city?

Original post made by Berkeleystudent, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Mar 2, 2011

I've tried using the Contact Us link on the City website, but the little circle at the corner of the tab kept on spinning and spinning... Don't know if it ever got sent or not. So I'm going to paste what I wrote here. If any of you folks could provide me with the information I need as well, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello. My name is Marielle Pinheiro and I'm currently a junior at UC Berkeley. I'm majoring in Environmental Sciences and I'm interested in examining the policies and planning that go into suburban public transportation. Next semester I will be conducting my senior research project and I want to study this area because, having lived here my entire life, I have a personal connection and interest.
I've been trying to compile a list of people to interview, but am having difficulty on the local level (most of my professors have dealt with AC Transit and BART, but not WHEELS, for example). I would like to talk to planners or people who deal with funding, policy, etc, but am not quite sure where to begin asking questions. If you could give me help in this area I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Comments (1)

Like this comment
Posted by ITN
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:03 am

Marielle -

The Livermore Amador Valley Transit (LAVTA - or "Wheels") is the jurisdiction responsible for public transit in the tri-valley. Their website is Web Link. You can also reach them via phone at (925) 455-7555.

Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.


Post a comment

Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online. Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information and opinion. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.

Name: *

Select your neighborhood or school community: *

Comment: *

Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.

*Required Fields

Plenty of water that will cost more this year
By Tim Hunt | 2 comments | 740 views

Nominations due Monday for TV30’s Tri-Valley ‘Coach of the Year’ award
By Jeb Bing | 1 comment | 307 views


Readers' Choice Ballot is here

It's time to decide what local business is worthy of the title "Pleasanton Readers' Choice" — and you get to decide! Cast your ballot online. Voting ends May 21st. Stay tuned for the results in the June 23rd issue of the Pleasanton Weekly.