Pleasanton Unified's Measure I pulls ahead, now 1.12% above threshold needed to pass

Original post made on Nov 16, 2022

Pleasanton Unified School District's Measure I has broken the threshold of votes needed to pass as it looks to become the city's second school bond in the last 25 years, according to Wednesday's election results update from the county.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 5:43 PM

Posted by Ron
a resident of another community
on Nov 16, 2022 at 7:13 pm

Ron is a registered user.

[Post removed as unverified allegation without evidence]

Posted by Pton Resident
a resident of Foothill High School
on Nov 16, 2022 at 7:25 pm

Pton Resident is a registered user.

There are about 20,000 votes, yet they're still not all counted? Good lord, our government election processes are awful.

Posted by Peter
a resident of Golden Eagle
on Nov 17, 2022 at 10:34 am

Peter is a registered user.

If you want to see what's driving inflation, look no further than this. Headed towards double dip recession, spiking interest rates, severe layoffs and we think we need to build new gyms.

Just goes to show the only thing recession proof is the government spending your money.

Posted by Barbara Costello
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Nov 17, 2022 at 4:27 pm

Barbara Costello is a registered user.

Can someone please explain why it has taken so long to count the Pleasanton Measure I votes? This is not a big town and we generally get fairly low turnout in elections. We need to go back to requiring all votes be postmarked and RECEIVED by election day, instead of allowing the vote to drag out for weeks. If we want to feel confident that our elections are valid and honest, holding an election month is not the right direction.

Posted by Karl A
on Nov 17, 2022 at 8:08 pm

Karl A is a registered user.

I believe with mail in ballots the law says they have 30 days to collect, review and count all the ballots. I think Dec 9th is the final day.

While I don’t think there is anything going wrong with the counts, one has to wonder why the supposed greatest democracy on earth takes a month to let us know the results.

I was using drop box voting until this last election. I got to thinking I want my ballot to be secret as it should be. Mail in lets everyone who handles it know my personal choices. My vote is nobody’s business but my own.

Posted by Pleasanton Valley Rez
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Nov 18, 2022 at 9:40 am

Pleasanton Valley Rez is a registered user.

Why do I have a feeling that money from this measure will go to pay for Haglund's newly purchased District Office building???

Posted by SHale99
a resident of Village High School
on Nov 18, 2022 at 4:24 pm

SHale99 is a registered user.

the proceeds of selling most of the DO acres will cover the 'new' digs. As well as a tenant, who will be paying the district.

One only needs to view where the money is scheduled to go to see.

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from PleasantonWeekly.com sent to your inbox in the Express newsletter.

Some of the best jobs around
By Sherry Listgarten | 3 comments | 1,407 views

Pleasanton officials sprint to approve housing plan

People and Relationships Never Stop Being a Work in Progress
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 806 views

Student Loans That Make Sense
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 646 views

Thanksgiving day blues
By Monith Ilavarasan | 0 comments | 611 views

Support local families in need

Your contribution to the Pleasanton Weekly Holiday Fund will go directly to nonprofits supporting local families and children in need. Last year, Pleasanton Weekly readers contributed over $74,000. A match by our fiscal sponsor, Three Valleys Community Foundation (3VCF), elevated the grand total to $80,000.

DONATE HERE