State staffer Dean Wallace announces candidacy for Pleasanton City Council District 1

Original post made on Aug 5, 2022

The race for Pleasanton City Council District 1 is officially underway as longtime Tri-Valley resident and state political staffer Dean Wallace has become the second person to announce their candidacy for the Nov. 8 general election.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, August 5, 2022, 5:35 AM

Posted by Mary M.
a resident of Val Vista
on Aug 5, 2022 at 7:16 am

Mary M. is a registered user.

No local commission or committee experience is a plus in my book. Have people watched recent Council and Planning Commission meetings? Out of touch is an understatement. We need some fresh voices.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 5, 2022 at 7:21 am

Michael Austin is a registered user.

No experience, a Swalwell buddy, collusion enthusiast, a progressive no less?

No thank you. The city council in Pleasanton needs another Kathy Narum or another Jack Balch.

The current three vote majority on the Pleasanton council is taking this city down the wrong path. We need real experience, good judgement, sound financial principles candidate.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 5, 2022 at 8:38 am

Michael Austin is a registered user.

All things considered; I wish to hear from Dean Wallace.
I can understand good judgement and will keep an open mind.

Posted by [email protected]
on Aug 5, 2022 at 9:15 am

[email protected] is a registered user.

(removed as an attack on another commenter that added no personal commentary or new information.)

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 5, 2022 at 10:01 am

Michael Austin is a registered user.

Just for the record, I voted for Hillary against Trump.
I take my news from AP.

Posted by Just Another Resident
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Aug 5, 2022 at 11:23 am

Just Another Resident is a registered user.

If you run for Council without having volunteered for the City before, it tells me that it's all about your ego. No thanks.

Start by helping the city in lower-key ways where no one is watching and then we'll talk.

Posted by dknute
a resident of Golden Eagle
on Aug 5, 2022 at 12:08 pm

dknute is a registered user.

Not a Wallace fan after reading his pitch in this edition. Sounds like exactly what we Don’t need on the council. Someone with no city experience, works for state representative from Berkeley, Swalwell volunteer. Three strikes. No thanks.
The Council needs people on who want to continue to keep Pleasanton as a great place to live and work. A working City. Pleasanton is pleasant now. We’d like to keep it that.

Posted by Local Citizen
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 6, 2022 at 11:28 am

Local Citizen is a registered user.

Friend of Swalwell and Wicks? No thanks, he won’t get my vote.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 6, 2022 at 5:29 pm

Michael Austin is a registered user.

Dean Wallace has reached out.
More info pending.
Stay Tuned.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 7, 2022 at 11:49 am

Michael Austin is a registered user.

I wish to hear from Jeffrey Nibert.
Jeffrey Nibert is also candidate for district one in Pleasanton.

Posted by MichaelB
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 8, 2022 at 9:14 am

MichaelB is a registered user.

"I have received excellent, positive, and forward-looking response from Dean Wallace."

What was "excellent" and "positive" - and how does that change anything? Regardless of the content of the response, you can already predict what you are going to get from him based on his background (associations with Wicks and Swalwell) if he gets elected.

Expect support for every left-wing ("forward looking") position you can think of: increased spending, higher taxes, more regulations on businesses, "reimagining" (defunding) the police, a predictable accusation of "systemic racism" in the community and the subsequent need for "equity", more gun control, more environmental regulations, etc.

Posted by keeknlinda
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Aug 8, 2022 at 10:01 am

keeknlinda is a registered user.

@MichaelB better than supporting Pamela Price.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Aug 8, 2022 at 4:37 pm

Michael Austin is a registered user.

Michael B. Keeknlinda touched on it.

I have been informed from multiple sources that Jeffrey Nibert donated money to Pamela Price. Julie Testa has endorsed Pamela Price, and Julie Testa has endorsed Jeffrey Nibert. I asked Jeffrey Nibert to reach out, he has not responded.

After some feedback from Dean Wallace, I believe Dean Wallace is the best candidate for district one. From Dean Wallace, "I am, indeed, a democrat. I get the sense that this means there are bound to be some things where we may not see eye-to-eye when it comes to state or national politics. I do want to make that clear upfront because I won't shy away from the fact that I'm a democrat, nor will I attempt to lie or water down that fact to curry anyone's favor."

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from PleasantonWeekly.com sent to your inbox in the Express newsletter.

Three recent decisions involved major Tri-Valley companies

“To get the full value of joy . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 796 views

Rekindling my love for Indian movies
By Monith Ilavarasan | 2 comments | 743 views