The goals of the 2021 internship experience are to create awareness across the City of Pleasanton about:
1. Which items are recyclable, compostable, and what goes to the landfill.
2. Where our waste is going once it leaves our place of work/residence.
3. How the waste produced impacts the water and air quality of Pleasanton.
● A 7-week experience that includes opportunities to:
○ develop community outreach materials and presentations to create awareness around recycling and composting.
○ develop materials to present to businesses and residents in Pleasanton.
○ gain experience and knowledge-based skills to prepare for the professional workforce.
● Paid interns will receive $14 per hour.
● Participate in all virtual sessions during the 7-week internship
○ Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10am - 3pm.
○ June 7 - July 28, 2021 (excluding the week of July 5-9, 2021)
● Sign up for at least one Saturday Farmer’s Market experience during the internship timeframe.
Who should apply?
● Students living in or from Pleasanton.
● Students interested in sustainability.
● Students with strong critical thinking and writing skills.
Apply by 12pm on April 22, 2021. For more information visit: Web Link
Please contact Casi Herrera at [email protected] with any questions.