Staying Healthy: Feeling 'safe', 'relief' post-vaccination

Original post made on Apr 8, 2021

As a sense of normalcy begins to return to the Tri-Valley amid California's rigorous COVID-19 vaccination rollout, many fully vaccinated people are resuming activities they haven't done in over a year like...

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:56 AM

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Apr 8, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Michael Austin is a registered user.

Unfortunately we must all remain vigilant.
There are multiple reports regarding Pfizer and Moderna vaccines may be effective for only Six months.
Information is not readily available, if reports are accurate, would this indicate people vaccinated in December will require another vaccination in June, or perhaps a "booster" for COVID-19?
There are reports that Pfizer is developing a pill for COVID-19. No information how effective this pill would be.

Posted by Guillermo M.
on Apr 9, 2021 at 10:11 am

Guillermo M. is a registered user.

It truly saddens me to read the accounts of the sheep who have not had any personal contact with another human being other than immediate family for over an entire year over an over-hyped flu...I truly weep for humanity & how easily manipulated we have become.

Posted by buklau
a resident of Avila
on Apr 9, 2021 at 3:11 pm

buklau is a registered user.

1) The average vaccine takes 7-14 years to develop. Often to test long term side effects.

2) This isn't a normal weakened virus vaccine, it's a mRNA injection which is unprecedented for the masses.

Posted by BobB
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Apr 9, 2021 at 4:33 pm

BobB is a registered user.

Why in the world do people want to continue to politicize a disease? buklau, you have a history of posting completely false nonsense about coronavirus vaccines. I'm very glad your previous post was taken down because it was categorically false.

@Guillermo M,

I personally lost a good friend to this virus. I've never known anyone who died of influenza, though it does happen. The United States has lost over 500,000 people to this virus in the last year. We can have legitimate arguments about trade-offs and cost vs benefit analysis of covid restrictions, but it helps no one to dispute the facts. The risk of this disease isn't anything like that of seasonal influenza.

I hope everybody gets whatever vaccine is available as soon as is possible. I personally got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine because it was the first available to me. I continue to wear a mask when inside, socially distance, and wash my hands. We are getting very near the finish line.

Posted by Jake Waters
on Apr 11, 2021 at 11:16 pm

Jake Waters is a registered user.

@Guillermo M,

Well said. You expressed my sentiments exactly. Building on your comments, I’m skeptical about those that get the vaccine, but still wear a mask, many wearing two. It’s a poor marketing look, if you’re desire is to instill confidence in the vaccine. I saw my Doctor recently and he and his staff were wearing masks, though they all receive the vaccine regiment. I questioned his need to continue wearing a mask, if he believed in the inoculation. He used the words, ‘they were the guinea pigs,’ but couldn’t answer the question.

Listen, take the vaccine, wear a mask, distance yourself. That’s your choice. But as the feminists say about abortion: my body, my choice. I feel the same about the vaccine. The vaccine is not necessary for everyone, and the medical community and government are subjecting this group of people to an unnecessary procedure that could subject them to have an adverse reaction.

That’s it. I’m off to living my life as I choose. I’m moving on.

Posted by BobB
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Apr 12, 2021 at 10:34 am

BobB is a registered user.

In a pandemic, you're wearing a mask and getting vaccinated not just for yourself but for all of us. We're in a race against the variants, and to get as many of us vaccinated as possible. Please do your part.

Posted by Jake Waters
on Apr 12, 2021 at 10:47 am

Jake Waters is a registered user.

BobB

You’re not a Doctor so stop playing one on social media. I’m doing what is best for me, you do what is best for you. You don’t know my medical make up, and it really isn’t any of your business. You don’t have this all figured out.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Apr 12, 2021 at 11:05 am

Michael Austin is a registered user.

Jake Waters:

Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19?
Have you ever been vaccinated for Influenza, the common flu?
Have you been vaccinated for Shingles?
Have you been vaccinated for Polio?

Posted by Jake Waters
on Apr 12, 2021 at 11:40 pm

Jake Waters is a registered user.

Michael Austin

Michael said: “If you answer yes to any of the above, I would identify you as a hypocritical pretender to excellence of any kind.”

Yes, Michael said that, and I can only assume, based on his comment, that he doesn’t know what he is actually saying. Makes no sense based on what I commented above. I don’t engage in convoluted and disjointed discussions. Organize your thoughts and try again. I have said all I need to say based on my comment above.

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Get the most important local news stories sent straight to your inbox daily.

"How Can We Be Happy Again?" Part 2
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,051 views

Thinking through Taiwan and China with Hoover fellows

The Readers' Choice ballot is here

It's time to decide what local business is worthy of the title "Pleasanton Weekly Readers' Choice" — and you get to decide! Cast your ballot online. Voting ends May 16. Stay tuned for the results in the June 25 issue of the Pleasanton Weekly.

VOTE HERE