BREAKING NEWS:New state-at-home order in county

Report finds Zone 7 drinking water exceeded standards in 2019

Original post made on Jul 1, 2020

Tri-Valley residents might be happy to know the quality of their drinking water met, and often exceeded, all state and federal standards last year, according to the 2019 Annual Consumer Confidence Report for the Zone 7 Water Agency.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 6:11 PM

4 people like this
Posted by Grumpy
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jul 1, 2020 at 7:06 am

It’s good morning to be poisoned, but the water still tastes awful.

5 people like this
Posted by Jo
a resident of Parkside
on Jul 1, 2020 at 8:09 am

Please raise the standards then.

4 people like this
Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jul 1, 2020 at 8:44 am

City leadership should be seeking out alternate water sources.

Hetch Hetchy water flows through Pleasanton, provides water to Castlewood, Sunol and points south.

9 people like this
Posted by AshniJaan
a resident of Carlton Oaks
on Jul 1, 2020 at 9:38 am

If this is true and includes Pleasanton tap water (which I’m assuming it does?), then why have myself and numerous other neighbors throughout Pleasanton been having problems with yellow water? We’ve all tried contacting the city with our concern, only to have our calls and emails remain unanswered.
If this is true, why does my water smell so strongly of chlorine that it makes my entire bathroom smell when I run the sink? Why does this water make my hair fall out, if I use it without a filter installed on my shower head? Why does it make my skin itch and break out into tiny bumps?

If this is “good” water, I don’t want to know what bad water is.

1 person likes this
Posted by resident
on Jul 2, 2020 at 5:39 am

It sure is one of the hardest waters I have ever seen.