Pleasanton: Fiesta on wheels for Bob Athenour

Original post made on Jun 12, 2020

One vehicle after another decked out with balloons and colorful signs paraded slowly in front of CreekView assisted living community Sunday to say "Feliz cumpleaños" to Señor Bob Athenour, who turned 91 on June 8.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, June 11, 2020, 1:42 PM

Posted by Anne Athenour Martin
a resident of Ponderosa
on Jun 12, 2020 at 9:47 am

This was such a fun day, bringing huge smiles to not only my dad and my family, but to all of our friends who showed up in their decorated cars with signs, music, good wishes, and LOTS OF LOVE!! Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate, as well as those who couldn’t make it, but sent birthday cards to this pretty amazing, kind hearted, generous, and lovable guy!! And yes...I am a little biased!

Posted by Al Bronzini
a resident of another community
on Jun 12, 2020 at 10:28 am

Happy Birthday Bob.
Thank you for all those wonderful trips you helped us plan.
Stay well my friend.

From the
The Downtown Furniture guy.

Posted by Larry Annis
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Jun 12, 2020 at 4:32 pm

A great parade for such a well deserving man! Happy Birthday again Senor BOB!

Posted by Ornithology
on Jun 12, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Feliz cumpleaños señor Bob!

Posted by Marlene Rebello
a resident of another community
on Jun 12, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Dearest Senor Bob...love you so much. Knowing you has enriched my life a thousand fold! When I think of you, I find myself breaking into an ear-to-ear smile, flooded with a warm and sincere feeling of friendship and “family” that
you have gifted so many of us. Thank you for sharing great Sunol memories with my beloved Bill. Those times were so special to him.