Hope Hospice hosting town halls on grief, senior care and end-of-life planning | Town Square | PleasantonWeekly.com |

Hope Hospice hosting town halls on grief, senior care and end-of-life planning

Original post made on May 19, 2020

Hope Hospice is organizing a series of educational live webinars during the next three weeks featuring its in-house experts discussing issues around end-of-life planning, understanding grief issues and caring for the elderly.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 9:03 PM

Like this comment
Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on May 19, 2020 at 10:10 pm

Most senior do not use social media.
Many seniors to not own a computer.
Many seniors do not own a cellphone.

How do you expect to reach out to these seniors?

Like this comment
Posted by Christina
a resident of Walnut Grove Elementary School
on May 20, 2020 at 9:17 am

My dad is on hospice with Hope Hospice. I had attended fundraisers for them in the past and knew they have a good reputation in our community. But ... wow .... everyone on our "team" is unbelievably amazing. I will always be grateful for their genuine support and care for my dad, and for me. Thank you for offering these webinars (which I assume are mainly geared towards caregivers like me).

1 person likes this
Posted by DKHSK
a resident of Bridle Creek
on May 20, 2020 at 9:24 am

I used Hope Hospice for my parents. Great service and well worth the donation and support.

Dan

1 person likes this
Posted by DKHSK
a resident of Bridle Creek
on May 20, 2020 at 9:29 am

One other note, recently worked Food Bank with my youngest. We went for a 2 hour stint and I was amazed at the efficiency of the operation.

We packed 580 boxes with 13 servings of food made up from canned vegetables, beans, fish and dry goods. 30lbs per box.

They were to be delivered, along with cheese and butter, to people over 60.

Food Bank has three 2-hour shifts 3 days a week, lots of food being given out.

Like I said, a very good operation.

Dan

1 person likes this
Posted by Karl Aitken
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on May 20, 2020 at 3:19 pm

In the early 80s my mother was dying from lung cancer and there were no hospice organizations to help our family. We were lucky my mom’s sister was able help make mom comfortable as she was dying at home.

Since then I have been a regular supporter/ donor to Hope Hospice - they are excellent.

Some close family friends (mom’s friends) were able to call upon Hope Hospice to help them provide a dignified and emotionally supportive environment for their loved ones to stay at home during the last days of their lives.

What a wonderful organization to have here in Pleadanton!