Jerry Pentin for Mayor | Town Square | PleasantonWeekly.com |

Jerry Pentin for Mayor

Original post made by For Jerry P, another community, on Apr 4, 2020

I am a long time member of Bike East Bay and I have known Jerry for years. I read a recent article in the Weekly that said he is "thinking about" a run for Mayor. I am asking him to run and stand up for Bike Safety and more trails in Pleasanton. What do you say Jerry? Your time on the council is coming to an end and WE NEED YOU!

6 people like this
Posted by Peter
a resident of Canyon Creek
on Apr 5, 2020 at 10:39 am

Yes, Jerry Pentin should run for Mayor. He can follow the already existent pattern of Nahum, Pentin, and Thorne of pro-growth.

4 people like this
Posted by Patriot
on Apr 6, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Will see if he supports Costco in Pleasanton now!

8 people like this
Posted by Manu
a resident of Carriage Gardens
on Apr 7, 2020 at 3:51 am

Yes, We need another pro-growth mayor. Pentin is pro-growth.

3 people like this
Posted by Maryanne S
a resident of Jensen Tract
on Apr 7, 2020 at 2:11 pm

I don't get who then. Who is running for council and mayor of Pleasanton?

3 people like this
Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Apr 7, 2020 at 3:53 pm

I don’t think anyone has had to formally declare. Heresay for mayor—and again no confirmations by either person to my knowledge—is either or both Kathy Narum and Karla Brown. There are a few names for city council, but nothing really in the more reliable rumor mill yet.

20 people like this
Posted by Map
a resident of Del Prado
on Apr 7, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Definitely don’t need another pro-growth mayor, we need to break up that “band of 3” that keeps voting for everything that affects our city in such a negative way, it’s very predictable on how every council vote is going to go now when it has anything to do with the developers that run this town!!

5 people like this
Posted by Sadesh
a resident of Mohr Park
on Apr 8, 2020 at 4:13 am

Pentin is the best choice for mayor because he will fill up Pleasanton with more homes and commercial developments. This will lead to more jobs and more revenue for the City. Economic prosperity is vital to any community.

3 people like this
Posted by Joseph
a resident of Parkside
on Apr 8, 2020 at 12:04 pm

Kathleen- you are a person in the know a lot more than me. Why won't Pentin run? Tim Hunt did an article a while back and said that Pentin will have done 8 years and cannot re-run for council I only met him once, but as a former Marine like me, he seems like he prefers to be in charge. Can you ask him?

9 people like this
Posted by Vamshi Krishna
a resident of Ruby Hill
on Jun 24, 2020 at 6:51 pm

Jerry Pentin would make an excellent Mayor for the City of Pleasanton.
He is knowledgeable, sincere and passionate about our community and our city.

16 people like this
Posted by Will
a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 29, 2020 at 5:28 am

Pentin is not a good choice for mayor. He is not adept at building a consensus with groups with individual ideas. When you are not looking he is crass and dismissive. If he becomes mayor Pleasanton will have a big increase in building with only superficial attention paid to infrastructure and more crowding and traffic. He is far more interested in promoting growth and far less interested in maintaining the quality of life for current Pleasanton citizens. Don't be fooled. He talks a good story about quality of life but it is subordinate to the special interest groups to which he is oriented.

9 people like this
Posted by Suni
a resident of Hacienda Gardens
on Jul 3, 2020 at 6:47 am

Agree. Pentin is not a good choice for mayor. Mayors need an open mind. I have attended city council meetings for years. Pentin's belief system is fairly closed. I have also seen more than a few instances when he is frankly rude when presented with views and ideas separate from his own.

1 person likes this
Posted by Wow
on Jul 3, 2020 at 8:55 am

I will follow jill I mean joe Biden model and hire and elect people based on their sex or race. He has said he will choose a women and possibly a women of color for vp.
Have not heard one peep from anyone who would be against that
So I vote and hire only white men.
Vote by race vote by sex. Yea. So joe biden is the one that's gonna bring us all together by dividing us on race ,sex etc. Not one person on this thread has mentioned this or commented on the sexist pig Biden running for president. I guess when it benefits women they say silent.

Do any of you women have sons?
Do you know what your doing to their future by not speaking out about obvious sexual discrimination .
Do you care? Apperantly not because you have remained silent on this topic. Exposed!!!!!

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Get fact-based reporting on the COVID-19 crisis sent to your inbox daily.

A conservative Black scholar's view on Race in America

Do you Fight, Flight, or Freeze? “How did we get here?”
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 943 views