Former Foothill star, NFL prospect arrested in $1M cellphone robbery ring | Town Square | PleasantonWeekly.com |

Former Foothill star, NFL prospect arrested in $1M cellphone robbery ring

Original post made on Sep 8, 2019

Authorities announced Thursday that 12 people, including a National Football League hopeful from Pleasanton, were charged in a widespread crime ring that targeted UPS and FedEx drivers delivering cellphones.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, September 5, 2019, 4:40 PM

7 people like this
Posted by Wondering....
on Sep 8, 2019 at 9:32 pm

But wasn't he called a great young man by the Foothill High principal and PUSD?
Web Link

It would be interesting to track how many Foothill vs Amador students are eventually arrested and end up in prison.

Also what is the status of Cody Hall? Is he still in prison or has he been released?

4 people like this
Posted by James Michael
a resident of Val Vista
on Sep 8, 2019 at 9:35 pm

James Michael is a registered user.

NFL...National Felon's League.

3 people like this
Posted by wondering
on Sep 12, 2019 at 12:28 pm

This will not come off politically correct at all but its an honest observation that most think but don't write. Why does it seem like they are always African Americans? This arrest as well as the car breakins.

6 people like this
Posted by Anony
on Sep 13, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Wondering,

I know it sounds cliche, but historically, African-Americans have not had an easy time living in America. They are routinely discriminated against in employment, housing, and socially. On this basis (because they are less likely to be employed, have access to good schools, live in a safe neighborhood, etc.) they tend to have a hard time escaping poverty.

Just growing up poor can have detrimental effects on child development, with poverty alone increasing a child’s ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score, not to mention any abuse that may happen.

I am not absolving crminals from their behavior. Certainly having an intact family cushions some of the impact of poverty, but you really can’t deny that African-Americans have a harder time integrating into society. They are angry and marginalized, which can be a dangerous combination. Just take a look at the demographics of school shooters (loner, white, male).

4 people like this
Posted by LanceM
on Sep 14, 2019 at 9:48 pm

Wondering: So someone can't be a great kid and then do bad things later? I'm not sure what your point is. Are you blaming the Army for putting this kid in the game? Are you blaming FHS for this for student later turning to crime.

Perhaps not everyone can be as smart as you and foresee the future of all humans. Maybe you could lend you services to help prevent crime.

3 people like this
Posted by Nick
a resident of San Ramon
on Sep 17, 2019 at 1:04 pm

The reason blacks commit a higher percentage of crimes - especially violent crimes is poor upbringing. No father in the home, ghetto mentality, environmental, etc. A lot of blacks succeed - IF THEY WANT TO. Quit making excuses for them. We all choose our own destiny. We had a black president. NO EXCUSES. There is no excuse for any criminal, regardless of race, socio-economic status, religion, etc. They're criminals - period.

1 person likes this
Posted by Wally
a resident of another community
on Oct 3, 2019 at 9:58 am

I guess I break the mold I grew up in a mostly white neighborhood in Fremont, although mostly Indian and Asian now.
I went to Gomes elementary, Hopkins Jr. High School ,
and Mission San Jose High School. I have an associate of arts degree from Ohlone college and a BS from university of Phoenix. My dad was a Jr, High School Principal and my mom was an Elementary school teacher with a PHD. Many African Americans I know were raised like me. I always had whatever I needed. I never needed to break into peoples homes or cars because I have always had a good paying job and I believe if I work for what I want I can have anything I want. I own 2 houses and have GOD and Christ in my life. So a lot of those African Americans have not been as fortunate as I have , but I believe they still know write from wrong the bottom line is if you do wrong you will go to jail and have your freedom taken away.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox.

A favorite restaurant closes its doors