Pastor of Catholic Community of Pleasanton dies after cancer battle

Original post made on Feb 28, 2019

Rev. Paul D. Minnihan, pastor of the Catholic Community of Pleasanton for the past six years, died on Sunday after a recent battle with aggressive cancer. He was 52.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 5:02 PM

13 people like this
Posted by Kerrie
a resident of Dublin
on Feb 28, 2019 at 10:21 am

Rest in Peace Fr. Paul. Your homilies were spot-on. Thank you for caring about our CCOP.

11 people like this
Posted by OLD TIMER
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Feb 28, 2019 at 10:26 am

I've been a member of CCOP for 57 years, and so have seen a lot of pastors. Paul has been a wonderful guide, teacher, and friend. As noted above he especially took on outreach issues. One grandson is working on his Eagle Scout program at CCOP, and has received lots of encouragement from Fr. Paul.

I will miss him a lot, but he and Fr. Dan Danielson must be having a grand time catching up on stories. God bless them both!

7 people like this
Posted by Marcia
a resident of another community
on Feb 28, 2019 at 1:12 pm

So very sorry to hear about both Fr. Paul and Fr. Dan. Their homilies were always amazing and worth reflection. RIP to both. You finally know full truth.

2 people like this
Posted by Since 1972
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Mar 2, 2019 at 2:10 pm

A great person. So inspirational, and amazing speaker. Blessed to have known him.

3 people like this
Posted by Marjean Sutton
a resident of another community
on Mar 4, 2019 at 3:09 pm

Father Paul was a long time friend to my son. I personally had the pleasure of meeting Father Paul on many occasions he was a truly inspiring man. For many years he would always remember my birthday and send well wishes. I hope he is at peace and knows how much he has ment to so many people.

Like this comment
Posted by Nathan Patrick Knight+
a resident of another community
on Apr 3, 2019 at 11:55 pm

Father Paul Minnihan,

Pax Christi semper vobiscum. I wish somebody had notified me of your funeral. I am truly shocked. I cannot understand why somebody didn't heal you. Shocking! I know there is another saint in Biblical Heaven.I pray for your canonization. Please pray for prolife laws, Saint Paul. Jesus, please give Father Paul Grace to work many miracles from Heaven. Teaching someone how to love God and others is the greatest gift you can give anyone. I pray for a Roman Catholic Theocracy. This planet needs God more than ever. These are very serious times indeed.

In Christ's Infinite Love,

your friend Nathan Knight

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

All your news. All in one place. Every day.

Workday committed to growing in Pleasanton

"You Gotta Have Balls [to do counseling] . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 625 views

Nominations due by Sept. 16

Pleasanton Weekly and DanvilleSanRamon.com are once again putting out a call for nominations and sponsorships for the annual Tri-Valley Heroes awards - our salute to the community members dedicated to bettering the Tri-Valley and the lives of its residents.

Nomination form