Around Pleasanton: Fundraiser supports police officer as costly cancer treatment shows promise

Original post made on Feb 8, 2019

A sold-out fundraiser for cancer-stricken Pleasanton PD Officer Kyle Henricksen, a 10-year police department veteran, will be held this Saturday night amid reports that the 35-year-old is making progress in beating the disease.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, February 7, 2019, 1:44 PM

3 people like this
Posted by Teri Reynolds/Sonoma Resident
a resident of another community
on Feb 8, 2019 at 1:55 pm

This story is absolutely heartbreaking but also heartwarming at the same time as you watch what Pleasanton is doing for one of their own, rally around the family as if it were happening to yours because that's what we are expected to do as good community members. Even though I am in Sonoma I will donate to the best of my ability.I send Jennifer and Kyle my prayers and love to beat this thing
Hugs, Teri

Like this comment
Posted by Leah Silva
a resident of another community
on Feb 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm

I'm asking for anyone reading this, if they could please help me. My 53 year old sister too is also battling stage 3 pancreatic cancer for the past year. It is beyond heartbreaking. She also treats with Kaiser hospital. She lost her job due to the cancer, and has had to sign up for medi-cal, and disability. With the government shutdown, she hasn't been sent a check in months, and they are putting some of her tests on hold. We are told they cannot do this, but they are ! When you're the low man on the totem poll,your paperwork is at the bottom of the stack!! With no mercy, her landlord raised her rent $600.00 in December. There is no family to turn to, and we need help. My husband and I do all that we can, but it's still not enough. We are stretched to the limit. I cannot bare to look into her face and eyes, and tell her I don't know what we're going to do. She can't even get food stamps ! We have written letters, made call after call and the answer is always the same. Another 60 to 90 days for your paperwork to push through. We are in despair. I am begging for help. This is stressful enough, and then this added to it is just not right. It's sad to think that people just don't care. If anyone reading this can help us in any way, it would be a God send. Where do I go and what do I do ? ptownsilva@gmail.com

Like this comment
Posted by Teri Reynolds/Sonoma Girl
a resident of another community
on Feb 10, 2019 at 8:49 am

ptownsilva~ Hi There~Boy! Do I know how you're feeling. My problem is that I do NOT know how to set up a go fund me account but I will ask my 2 member family and friends to help me if no one steps up to help you! I cannot stand by having read your message and not try to help in any way I can. Please know that I will get back to you one way or another. Try to remember that prayer helps which I'm sure you know already but it's us community members that need to do the physical stuff. I sure love you and your Momma and your husband. Keep strong and let's see what we can do.I'll be in touch ASAP. Hugs,Teri

Like this comment
Posted by Teri Reynolds/Sonoma Girl
a resident of another community
on Feb 10, 2019 at 12:02 pm

I meant to say "Sister" NOT Momma. Forgive me but I was trying to get the note out FAST...Teri

Like this comment
Posted by Leah Silva
a resident of another community
on Feb 10, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Dear Sonoma girl, It felt so good to at least have one persom respond to my plea, and I thank you for that. Yes, indeed we pray a lot. God is the only one who can give us this miracle of healing. I just know my sister should not have to stress bills, money, etc. Thank you for your comforting words of love. God bless you.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox.

10x Genomics stock soars with initial public offering

Helping Partners Become Couples (vs. Helping Couples Become Partners)
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 792 views