Child dies in crash on I-680 in Sunol

Original post made on Jun 8, 2018

The California Highway Patrol on Friday morning is reporting an 9-year-old girl was killed in a vehicle collision on northbound Interstate 680 in Sunol.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, June 8, 2018, 8:19 AM

Like this comment
Posted by Vic-tah
a resident of Mission Park
on Jun 8, 2018 at 10:13 am

Vic-tah is a registered user.

Isn't there construction in that aream

1 person likes this
Posted by Mikel
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jun 8, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Mikel is a registered user.

With the construction of the north bound HOV lane driving on I 680 in either direction at any time between Pleasanton and Milpitas has become a hazardous endeavor.

11 people like this
Posted by No words.
a resident of Canyon Meadows
on Jun 8, 2018 at 9:17 pm

My heart goes out to the family of the little girl who lost her life. No parent should ever bury a child.

I have no words.

3 people like this
Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jun 8, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Pleasanton Parent is a registered user.

Mikel,
I disagree. It's different, but different doesnt have to be more dangerous to an attentive driver.

No words - completely agree. Absolutely tragic.

6 people like this
Posted by Mikel
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jun 9, 2018 at 3:23 am

Mikel is a registered user.

I drive 680 2 to 3 times a week and it’s a hazzard. The lanes are narrowed, and they bend unexpectedly and the cement barriers are close. People are speeding and passing on the right and swerving over and traffic stops suddenly. You can be as attentive as you like and still get hit. I’ve seen many more accidents since changes. I avoid driving 680 if I can.

4 people like this
Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Jun 9, 2018 at 8:32 pm

Pleasanton Parent is a registered user.

I drive 680 daily- pay attention, you'll be fine

Like this comment
Posted by Mikel
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jun 17, 2018 at 8:08 pm

Mikel is a registered user.

Gee thanks for the advice I’ve been driving it for 20 years.