Current, former Alameda County sheriff’s deputies arrested for alleged misconduct

Original post made on Sep 4, 2017

Alameda County sheriff's officials said three current deputies and one former deputy were arrested Thursday for allegedly mistreating inmates at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, September 3, 2017, 2:46 PM

Posted by How could this happen?
on Sep 4, 2017 at 12:16 pm

I'm glad these thugs got caught,
but I wonder how this could happen?
Don't they have recorded cameras, etc?

Posted by BobB
on Sep 4, 2017 at 2:42 pm

BobB is a registered user.

Cue the "I support my police" comments. Especially when they're arresting nurses for doing their jobs.

Web Link

Makes a person wonder just how widespread corruption is in our country's police forces.

Time for some house cleaning.

Posted by Eric
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Sep 4, 2017 at 3:36 pm

First thing I thought of was the Stanford Prison Experiment, Philip Zimbardo 1971.

Posted by Pleasanton Parent
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Sep 4, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Pleasanton Parent is a registered user.

I do support our police, why wouldn't you. These bad apples were caught, put in jail, seems like the system worked.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Sep 4, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Michael Austin is a registered user.

I support the Pleasanton Police department when I speak and when I write.
I support the Pleasanton Police officers Association with my money.
I identify myself in all of those instances.
Anonymous criticizers have no credibility!
Anonymous posters may well have an out standing warrant for their arrest.
I report all criminal behavior I encounter to the police department.
I have great personal pleasure when I am a contributing factor in someone's arrest!

Posted by Jake Waters
on Sep 5, 2017 at 10:50 am

Jake Waters is a registered user.

@Michael Austin

Your post, Michael, is very odd; it is not about you. I support law enforcement as well, but I don't support bad enforcement by the law. I put my faith into the investigation and the judicial system to determine the truth in this matter. I will leave it as that.

Posted by Michael the rat.
on Sep 7, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Michael your a idiot. Better watch your back if these people you report find out who you really are.

Posted by Michael Austin
a resident of Pleasanton Meadows
on Sep 7, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Michael Austin is a registered user.

The Pleasanton Police Department has my Back!

These people know who I "really are".

I am proud fulfilling my civic duty which includes reporting and identifying criminals, testifying in a court of law and also serving as a juror in a court of law.