Homemade Signs Posted All Over!!

Original post made by Don, Harvest Park Middle School, on Nov 5, 2015

I can appreciate people wanting to advertise or post a lost pet notice around town. The problem is when the event is over or the pet is or isn't found, the signs need to be removed. There is a yellow sign posting for a Halloween Haunted House that was to be held on Corte Monterey St. on Oct. 31st. The signs were taped to polls all around Harvest Park & Walnut Grove Schools. The event is over and the signs are coming apart and falling into the gutters & just look plain trashy. Please, if you put up temporary signs, remove them and keep our city looking good.

Posted by Pay it forward
on Nov 5, 2015 at 12:23 pm

If it bothers you so much, pay it forward and take them down yourself. I'm sure one of these days the good deed will be paid off when you least expect it.

Posted by Don
a resident of Harvest Park Middle School
on Nov 5, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Pay it forward- You're missing the point and in fact, I did remove some these signs concerning an event that is past. We have sign regulations in Pleasanton regarding political signs that must be removed after the election is finished. Why not show the same consideration for private functions.

Posted by Surprised
on Nov 5, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Seriously Pay It Forward? People need to take responsibility for their own town. You post the signs for an event or whatever, take them down when the event is over. Simple, that's what I teach my kids to do , clean up after yourself. Pay it forward action is great when it can impact a person. Like food to the homeless, a coat to a homeless person. Adding change perhaps if someone doesn't have the right amount.

Posted by Resident
on Nov 5, 2015 at 6:55 pm

There are rules against any signs on light poles, telephone poles or any other city property. If the code enforcement officer ever left his office he would see these signs. Take a cell phone photo and email it to him. There is also a fine for each illegal sign and it is time the code enforcement people started enforcing it.

Posted by Take it Easy
a resident of Carriage Gardens
on Nov 6, 2015 at 10:06 am

Talk to any realtor and you will know that the Code Enforcement officer (there is only one) is constantly in the field. Instead of complaining on a forum either take it down or contact him. Whining about it solves nothing, and might raise your blood pressure.

Posted by Keep it Square
a resident of Ruby Hill
on Nov 6, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Pay it forward / Birdland ? I didn't know they had a trailer park there.

Posted by Resident
on Nov 6, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Realtors are the worst offenders and the code enforcement officer rarely ever does anything about them as they post most of their garbage signs on weekends. I had a local realtor put a sign in the median strip between my sidewalk and the street (owned by the city, maintained by me) for an open house several blocks away. When I asked her to move it she accused me of being a racist as she is Muslim. What an idiot.