Pleasanton school district's HR director moving to top post in Dublin system

Original post made on Oct 22, 2015

Pleasanton school district's director of human resources Mark McCoy has been hired as assistant superintendent in the Dublin school district, where he also will have charge of human resources.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, October 22, 2015, 7:24 AM

Posted by Another PUSD Leader Gone
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Oct 22, 2015 at 9:30 am

Another leader leaves PUSD. Interesting how the school board chased out another leader. Let's count their hit list so fat: Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent - HR, Director of Community Relations, Deputy Superintendent - Business, Director - HR, and Trustee's Hinske's negative comments/vote for Assistant Superintendent - Instruction. Added to everyone being appointed as "interim". It looks line Hintzke and Arkin are running the district. Who's next? Director Pupil Services, Johnson? He's the only one left of the cabinet.

This breeds fear, uncertainty, and doubt for the community and staff. PUSD get you act together and talk about your plan to bring stability to the district.

Posted by Ellen
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Oct 22, 2015 at 9:44 am

He worked for the district for something like 18 years. That's quite a long time and I would hardly call that being chased out.

Congratulations on your promotion Mr. McCoy!

Posted by informed
a resident of Carlton Oaks
on Oct 22, 2015 at 10:21 am

The post from "another PUSD Leader Gone" is exactly right about what's going on. These two board members need to go.

Posted by Really!
a resident of Amador Estates
on Oct 22, 2015 at 10:45 am

I believe the Director of Technology is also leaving. All this seems a bit odd.

Posted by Congrats Mark!
a resident of Laguna Oaks
on Oct 22, 2015 at 11:56 am

And sometimes people just move on because they have a better opportunity that wouldn't be available to them at their current organization.

Congratulations to Mr. McCoy -- best wishes on your new role in Dublin.

Posted by AP
on Oct 22, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Why is this so unusual? Not uncommon where I work. Often than not it seems to be in groups as in this case.

Posted by VH Dragon
a resident of Vintage Hills Elementary School
on Oct 22, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Of course the admins are being chased out. Not directly, but quality people do not want to remain in a toxic environment. People who are good at their job have choices. Clearly some high quality leaders are leaving PUSD to pursue other opportunities. If they were treated well here, they never would have left! Arkin and Hintzke are awful! Let's not forget all of the school principals who have also left. This is very sad for our community.

Posted by Kathleen Ruegsegger
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Oct 22, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Kathleen Ruegsegger is a registered user.

Not uncommon for people to look for new horizons when the next superintendent is an unknown.

Posted by Capper
on Oct 22, 2015 at 2:54 pm

The first comment reminds me of something that the first incumbent in the history of the PUSD not to be re-elected as school board trustee would say.

If we are keeping track of who is voting for whom, perhaps we should also mention that Joan Laursen was the only board member not to vote for the current Interim Superintendent who seems to be well love by both staff and parents.

If Hinkski and Arkin are running the show I guess that would imply that Laursen, Grant and Miller aren't doing their jobs? Also if Hinkski and Arkin are the evil masterminds of all of this I guess it's safe to surmise that they also orchestrated the move of Rogenski to San Ramon? Don't mind me I'm just trying to decipher what the true meaning of the first comment on this thread.

I don't know my McCoy left. Seems like he got a promotion to me and I wish him well in the new job.

As to those few who are already trying to start up the mudslinging for the next campaigning I offer this advice: Negative campaigning didn't work so well for the last incumbent, but I'm just saying.