Amador Valley High teacher among candidates for county Teachers of the Year

Original post made on Oct 1, 2015

A Pleasanton teacher is among the educators vying for this year's Alameda County Teachers of the Year award

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, October 1, 2015, 7:11 AM

Posted by Parent
a resident of Del Prado
on Oct 1, 2015 at 8:37 am

Tony Dennis is a real treasure for this Pleasanton community. He does a lot for kids outside of school as well as during class time. I hope he gets recognition for being a great teacher.

Posted by Herb Ritter
a resident of Laguna Oaks
on Oct 2, 2015 at 8:05 am

Congrats to my friend of 28 years. Well deserved. Tony's 14 years of Corporate experience with Square D Company PRIOR to becoming a teacher gives him so many real world experiences as he educates our youth as a teacher.

Posted by Parent
a resident of Livermore
on Oct 2, 2015 at 10:53 pm

That and $5 will get you a bumper sticker.

Posted by Allyson Camillucci
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Oct 3, 2015 at 10:41 pm

As a senior at Amador Valley High School, and an engineering student of Mr. Dennis' for my entire high school career, I can wholeheartedly say this awesome man deserves the world. He is an amazing teacher, inspiring role model, and a kindhearted person. He helped me and other students through what have been the toughest years of their lives and has always had a smile on his face. He works around the clock to make the program run as well as it does and I know that everyone is so grateful for that. I'm so happy he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Posted by CSP
on Oct 17, 2015 at 6:55 pm

My first year at Amador I got Cs in both semesters of geometry. Then I had Mr. Dennis for the next two years. He was my teacher for Algebra (Sophomore), Precalc and AP Stats (Junior). My grades in math progressed as follows C, B and then only As I got 800s in both the math general and math subject. I went on to double major in math and physics getting both possible awards for top math major at my university and graduating sum cum laude. I am currently working towards my PhD in mathematics at a large and prestigious research university. Not all of this can be attributed to Mr. Dennis of course but I do not think I could have started down this path without him. Thanks Mr. D