Stanford Health Care takes over ValleyCare

Original post made on May 20, 2015

Stanford Health Care's acquisition of ValleyCare Health System was completed Monday with new signs identifying the new owner now in place, including at the medical center in Pleasanton.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 1:15 PM

Like this comment
Posted by John
on May 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Very much a business-oriented story. Little to nothing on how this transition may affect regular patients at ValleyCare...

17 people like this
Posted by Linda
a resident of Ridgeview Commons
on May 20, 2015 at 7:46 pm

I couldn't disagree more to the above comment. I'm sorry that they experienced this situation. I spent 6 weeks at Valley Care in 2013. I had the best nurses, who only spoke English, around the clock. If I forgot to call up to order my dinner the kitchen called me. My meals were always hot, my meds and shots were always on time..

2 people like this
Posted by Will Stanford help fix poor service at ValleyCare Nursing, Livermore?
a resident of Livermore
on May 21, 2015 at 10:03 am

Apparently PW DELETED my question,
about the really bad service at the former Livermore,
now including a "Skilled Nursing Facility" instead on the third floor, including details in 2014.

Linda's response to my question remains:
She was saying she did not have a similar bad experience in 2013,
with un-caring med techs who speak little English,
mgmt who did not care much about the patients,
and poor food made in another building (or town?) and delivered cold.
So maybe it's a recent thing?

Many of those med techs apparently have better credentials in the Philipines, that are not recognized in the US, and act resentful that they are assigned tasks that they consider below them.

Better Management?
Several medical people are hoping the Stanford mgmt will take better care of the workers, and more accountability, resulting in better care for the patients.

Q. How likely is that?

I'd really hoped to hear from knowledgeable people.
Let's have a discussion, not censorship.

14 people like this
Posted by Health Care Affiliate
a resident of Ruby Hill
on May 22, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Valleycare employees are very excited to embrace the changes. We are so proud to be a part of the Stanford Health Care system! Good things to come for this community! Stanford is going to enhance what Valleycare initiated. Stanford is at the top of the game in research, treating cancer, providing excellent patient care, and early diagnosis. Morale at Stanford-Valleycare is at an ALL TIME HIGH for the first time in forever! Thank you Scott! Thank You John S! Thanx to all of you guys! Yes! Yes! Yes! We Did It!!

Like this comment
Posted by Travis
on May 24, 2015 at 6:56 am

I don't understand how they fell into hard times, I figured VC was flourishing the way they bilked people.My father in n law was a vet, but an emergency fall during the night landed him in VC. He was fine the next day but ended up staying there for 11 days due to tests and observations. He felt he was in prison and was very bitter they wouldn't release him. We inadvertently saw the $330,000 billed meant for the VA administration since he was a Navy vet. That my friends is a bilking. They didn't operate on him or otherwise repair him. I hope Stanford has better ethics.

Like this comment
Posted by Hospital Worker
on May 25, 2015 at 3:13 pm

I find it quite interesting that the Mertes-Feit Education center in Livermore has had a recent name change. It is now the Mertes Education Center. Will we ever find out what happened? It must be something pretty substantial to just be disgraced like that.