4 seized at Pleasanton Marriott for series of regional crimes

Original post made on Nov 10, 2014

Four suspects accused of using a stolen credit card to pay for a room at the Marriott Hotel at 11950 Dublin Canyon Boulevard in Pleasanton were arrested Sunday by Pleasanton police.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, November 10, 2014, 7:24 AM

9 people like this
Posted by PPD Supporter
on Nov 10, 2014 at 7:43 am

That's what I love about our Police Department, when others would just take the simple arrest, ours digs and digs to complete the entire investigation. My hat is off to your continued great efforts, not only for keeping the city safe, but by letting any would be criminal know that if you do crime in Pleasanton we will hunt you down!

8 people like this
Posted by Charlie Brown
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:17 am

The cops in this town are terrific!

2 people like this
Posted by Sirena
a resident of Val Vista
on Nov 10, 2014 at 8:55 am

Congrats to PPD. I wish the Post Office was like PPD. I have complained numerous times about our mail put in length wise so the top of the mailbox is not closed. On more than one occasion my bank statement and a check were in view. This happens when our regular mail lady is off. I spoke to three different mail carriers and this is the replies I received, "I wasn't trained to close the mail box; I don't have time to close the mail box and I don't have time to close the lid."

Thank you again PPD, if only the U.S, Government was as efficient.

2 people like this
Posted by Related?
a resident of Castlewood
on Nov 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

I was at a hospital in Pleasanton on Friday. Shortly after I arrived, a person came in and told the pharmacists someone had opened his bottle of pills that had been sent through the mail. The seal had been apparently been ruptured and someone had obviously tampered with it. I wonder if this is another regional crime...?

3 people like this
Posted by mooseturd
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Nov 10, 2014 at 10:02 am

mooseturd is a registered user.

They bagged four low-lives but there are only three mug shots. Wonder why?

5 people like this
Posted by Citizen
on Nov 10, 2014 at 10:04 am

The results of Barry's amnesty program!!?

5 people like this
Posted by For Sirena
on Nov 10, 2014 at 11:15 am

Sirena -- I had the same problem and the Pleasanton supervisors did nothing about it. I started calling around and came up with these two numbers. Use them. They work.

Consumer affairs: 510-874-8737

Postmaster Supervisor: 510-874-8252

Let these people know, via a full phone complaint, that your carriers and the supervisors are doing nothing to fix the problem. I insisted that the carrier AND the supervisor both come to my house to watch how mail is put INTO not STICKING OUT OF the mailbox. The Pleasanton supervisor said they could not do that, the postal boss in Oakland said "oh yes you will."

1 person likes this
Posted by Sirena
a resident of Val Vista
on Nov 10, 2014 at 7:34 pm

For another resident,

Thank you another resident for the phone numbers. I am going to call and register a complaint.

1 person likes this
Posted by Oh Me Too
a resident of Ruby Hill
on Nov 14, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I've had other peoples' mail in my mailbox countless times over the past 14 years so I really appreciate these phone numbers!

I got my neighbor's brokerage statement, from the same brokerage I use, and I almost opened it!

Mail intended for recipients who are miles away has also been deposited in my mailbox! It makes me shudder to think that my mail is being sent around town too.

After I asked for a new delivery person I was told that it was not possible because delivery routes are determined by seniority. Apparently, I am stuck with the same bad deliverer/sorter until he retires. Unbelieveable.

I have lived in 2 other towns but I have never had these delivery problems.

Like this comment
Posted by Post Office is not what it used to be.
a resident of Livermore
on Nov 17, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I too get lots of mail that is for others.

My house had a mail slot, so the mail would go inside.
Years ago I put up a mailbox, which saves the delivery person several steps, because at the time I was getting packages from work that were large.

When I removed the mailbox,
thinking it would improve the security of the mail,
the mail person just stuck the mail in the slot, sticking out, not bothering to put it thru the slot. I figured the mail box was better.
My mail box could have a padlock,
but the carrier said they would not use it then.
Q> How can I get a lock that they will use?

Like this comment
Posted by for Sirena
on Nov 17, 2014 at 1:44 pm

question about locks that the USPS will use:

None that I know of but you can buy a cast iron locking mailbox. These can be mounted on your house or on a post by the sidewalk. Mail drops through the slot and you use a key to open the door. However, the mail carriers will often not bother to put the mail through the slot, they just poke it in a little as they did with your door slot. Idiots. Every time they do it call the Oakland office (Pleasanton reports to Oakland) and file a complaint.

Carriers CAN be fired. I previously had a substitute who claimed not to speak English when I asked her point blank if she understood what I was saying. The regular carrier told me that she not only speaks English, she swears like a sailor in English. Filed a report, carrier ended up gone. The carrier who continually left my mail sticking out of the slot was given unpaid time off to think about it. In any other business these people who cannot begin to do their jobs would be fired.

Like this comment
Posted by Pictures
on Nov 17, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Hey, Mooseturd,
on my screen, right next to pictures of the hispanics,
there's a mug shot of Tim Hunt.
So that makes four!

Or maybe they figure they all look alike?

The article said they recovered "hundreds" of stolen pieces of mail,from all around.
We should be grateful that our PPD stopped them. A few thugs can really commit a lot of crime.
Editor: Can you please follow up to see if the stolen mail, a federal crime, takes the lead?