Pedestrian struck, killed by ACE train at Santa Rita Road rail crossing Friday night

Original post made on May 31, 2014

A pedestrian was struck and killed by an Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) train last night at the Santa Rita Road rail crossing in Pleasanton.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, May 30, 2014, 11:19 PM

Like this comment
Posted by Rob
a resident of Pleasanton Middle School
on May 31, 2014 at 11:27 am

I pulled up to the crossing shortly after the incident. As I was turning around I could see the mans body lying on the tracks underneath one of the rail cars. There was an officer on his radio standing next to him and close by was a witness sitting on the sidewalk extremely emotionally distraught from what he had seen. It was truly an eerie and stomach twisting momen.

Like this comment
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on May 31, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Tragic. May he Rest In Peace.

Like this comment
Posted by Cheryl
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on May 31, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I wish they would post a sign that has information numbers a place to go if anyone is thinking about jumping in front of the train. I live right next to the train tracks (((please let us know if you need help!!!!!!!! ))) I have seen 2 people kill them selfs at this location. I'm sad to say they aren't the only 2 people that have done this on the Santa Rita / Main Street railroad tracks.

Like this comment
Posted by corina
a resident of another community
on May 31, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I was on the train with a group of students from Stockton when we just notice that the train stopped, saw the driver out of the train, police sirens; then were told that an accident happened and have to stay from 2 to 3 hours while investigation. We have to tell the kids to start calling their parents to let them know about the delay. Fortunally, after several minutes were told that a bus will be provided just for our group considering we have kids on board. I don't know what happened to all other passengers that have to wait there.

Like this comment
Posted by Stacy
a resident of another community
on Jun 1, 2014 at 10:26 pm

May he rest in peace...I was on the train headed to Stockton felt the hard stop and seen alot of people outside running toward the train holding there mouths and shocked faces..We were then told of the accident and not too long of a wait bus were there for all stops..Not only I feel for myself to have to see this but mainly the children.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 6 comments | 615 views

Time for new collaboration between city and school district