The reported notes that San Diego rejected a reverse osmosis treated toilet water project, but, said Laird, "I talked to a San Diego city councilman who wants to start over in a serious way."
* Anything bigger than a water molecule passes through a reverse osmosis filter, including endocrine (hormone) disruptors.
* Pleasanton uses a much larger portion of groundwater than Dublin and Livermore and would be most severely injured if the groundwater supply was tainted.
* There is no company that would insure a reverse osmisis treated toilet water project against damage that may result to the valley's groundwater.
* Costs of reverse osmosis treated water is exponentially higher than conventional sources of water.
* The DSRSD reverse osmosis project was constructed decades ago as an attempt to increase sewage capacity for development in Dougherty Valley. Pleasanton agreed to subsidize and new, larger sewer export pipeline to avoid any risks from injecting reverse osmosis treated toilet water into the groundwater.