Post a New Topic
New Housing Element Adopted - What's Next?
Original post made
by Stacey, Amberwood/Wood Meadows,
on Feb 13, 2012
State law requires local jurisdictions like Pleasanton to plan for their share of the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). The RHNA numbers describe the total number of housing units in each income category for each region. The Housing Element adopted by Pleasanton tonight provides for meeting the 2007-2014 planning period RHNA numbers. In the coming months, some crucial points in the process occur and the public will have the opportunity to weigh in on the RHNA numbers for the 2014-2022 planning period. If you have concerns about how regional planning affects local land-use control, please consider keeping abreast of the process.
From Web Link
- By May 2012, ABAG releases draft RHNA methodology for comment at a joint meeting of ABAG’s Administrative Committee and MTC’s Planning Committee.
- In June 2012, ABAG will hold a public hearing about the draft RHNA methodology.
- By July 2012, ABAG adopts the final methodology and releases the draft RHNA allocation. The public has 60 days to comment on the draft allocation.
- RHNA Appeals Process begins immediately after the comment period closes. Local jurisdictions have 60 days to file appeals.
- By February-March 2013, ABAG holds public hearing on RHNA appeals and responds to comments.
- In May 2013, ABAG adopts the final RHNA allocation at a public hearing.