Want to visit Ireland in the spring?

Original post made on Nov 15, 2011

View stunning landscapes, charming towns, historic ruins, and lively pubs during a nine-day visit to Ireland in the spring from March 21-30. There will be an informational meeting tonight at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 15, at the Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce office, 777 Peters Ave., Pleasanton. Call 846-5858.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 7:52 AM

Posted by Lee
on Nov 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Anyone around town been to Ireland in March? I think this may be cold and wet but..if I'm wrong, please write in!

Posted by resident
a resident of Amador Estates
on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Any time of year in Ireland you can expect some rain but it is the most wonderful country....well worth a visit. Been to Ireland many times in the Spring - even had snow on the odd occasion.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:59 pm

It's the place to visit! Ever since the Taoiseach Enda Kenny gave the Pope what for and the Catholic church the boot, I've wanted to check it all out! If you haven't heard the Taoiseach's speech, it's worth the time. Kenny is one brave guy! HOORAY ENDA KENNY! VIVA!

You can write directly to the Taoiseach and get a response! I did.

ENDA ENDA ENDA ENDA...later for rome home of the river rats!

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm

oops...I meant to say later for il papa and his gang of river rats...

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm

In my opinion, the Irish are the most friendly folks in Europe.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Nov 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm

just walk up and inform a salesperson that you want a wooly for this one and it will keep your warm forever!~

Posted by Been There
on Nov 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm

We were there last February - overcast, drizzly...but it never gets too cold there. We've been to Ireland at least 4 times and the best time to go is definitely late Spring and Summer - it's sooo beautiful then. But we enjoy it any time of year. It never gets too cold. You can always hop into a pub for warmth. The people are kind and friendly and it doesn't cost much.

Posted by Suggestion
on Nov 15, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I read this blurb on Tuesday morning, but with only the "tease" and no further information, I decided to pass on this "informational meeting" tonight at the Chamber of Commerce office. While I was somewhat interested, without a further clue as to what agency might be presenting this "pitch", what price range, or what audience (50-somethings? Active folks? Geezers?) were targeted, I decided to go home after a long day's work, stay home, have dinner and not head out again. Suggestion for next time, if there is one: do NOT be so coy and mysterious, and provide more actual information!

Posted by Curious
a resident of Laguna Vista
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:09 am

I too was wondering about who was putting the trip together and just like Suggestion, decided to go home after a long day at work instead of going to this. The vagueness of the posting definitely made me hesitate. Too bad as Ireland sounds beautiful during that time.

Posted by Irish
on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:47 am

I agree with Curious & Suggestion. Please give me more details in these posts. So how much does it cost to go to Ireland next Spring?

Posted by We Are Going
a resident of West of Foothill
on Nov 16, 2011 at 9:52 am

We have gone on one of the trips put on by the Chamber and had a wonderful time and are planning on going on this one. I've attached the link to the brochure. You don't need to attend the information night...you get all you need from their website. Come join us!

Web Link

Posted by Kate D'Or, Pleasanton Chamber
on Nov 16, 2011 at 10:09 am

Thank you "We Are Going" for attaching the link to the Ireland trip brochure. To Curious and Suggestion, my intention was not to be coy. I included the link on my request for the meeting notification. It just failed to post. Chamber trips are open to the community and have always had an even mix of age groups. The price is $2,499 pp double occupancy.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Nov 16, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Excellent value! Hang out in Dublin. Check out the annual weather reports.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

The valley needs strong leadership on BART board

3 Great Ways to Showcase Your Strengths on College Applications!
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 321 views