Town Square

Post a New Topic

Answer to the lady whose mom has MS

Original post made by Paulette, Val Vista, on Oct 15, 2011

I couldn't sign in for some reason; couldn't get my password; it said I was in system; then, it said i wasnt. So, I had asked a friend who has MS where this woman could find a place to live. Here is my friend's reply.

There is a nursing home/rehab center in Pleasanton on Neal Street that has housed a long term MS patient who is now deceased and she might find a board and care facility either in Pleasanton or Livermore that could take an MS patient. She also might call the Northern Chapter of the MS Society, 415-230-6677 (the office is in San Francisco) and ask them for references. The next closest office is in Modesto 1-800-344-4867. I know there is at least one facility in Fremont that has had an MS patient but I don’t remember it’s name. The coordinator for the Fremont self-help group is Kim at 510-793-0765 and there is another patient who lives in a board and cared in San Ramon somewhere. There is a self-help group in Concord, John and Janis at 925-372-0859. That group has been going for a long time and might know something closer to Pleasanton. There is also the Alameda County public health organization. They probably have a list of all nursing homes in the area


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 90 comments | 1,370 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 6 comments | 555 views