Food fight festival coming to Fairgrounds Oct. 1

Original post made on Sep 11, 2011

Sometimes a little good, clean fun leaves you covered in smashed tomatoes. Come next month, the fruit will be flying in Pleasanton in the region's first Tomato Battle.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, September 8, 2011, 6:39 AM

Like this comment
Posted by I'm there
on Sep 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Wow, this looks like great fun exept for the price!
Water balloons may be a better more afordable idea.

Like this comment
Posted by Mike
a resident of Highland Oaks
on Sep 11, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Again, God bless free enterprise - in its many forms.

Mike

Like this comment
Posted by Susan
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Sep 12, 2011 at 8:38 am

Do any of the proceeds benefit something such as a Food Bank? With the economy so weak and so many families jobless, it seems such a waste of food when people are going hungry. Water balloons a better idea.

Like this comment
Posted by c'mon Susan
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Sep 12, 2011 at 9:24 am

Buzz kill! Let's have a little fun here. People can donate to good causes and still have fun, right?

Like this comment
Posted by Say what?!
a resident of Lund Ranch II
on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm

$60 to throw tomatos?! I can toss some fruit around in a park for like $5!

Like this comment
Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:49 pm

I would recommend that everybody wear protective head/eye gear for protection. Also, no hitting below the waist.

I would never do this, just like I never ran with the bulls...not a fraidy cat, just know how to avoid harmful accidents.

otherwise, have fun...

Like this comment
Posted by boris
a resident of Apperson Ridge
on Sep 12, 2011 at 7:58 pm

can I just bring my own tomoatoes? I live on Fair street. I will throw them over the fence.

Like this comment
Posted by Fault Disney
a resident of Vineyard Hills
on Sep 13, 2011 at 9:52 am

Shhh...No body tell East Africa that this is how we roll. You pigs! Web Link

Like this comment
Posted by Informed Resident
on Sep 17, 2011 at 8:45 am

Sounds like great fun and a memory of a life time! I hear the tomatoes are super ripe and almost falling apart, so they really have little possibility of being eaten by anyone... If you are willing to pay to process them and ship them to East Africa, then please step forward with your check book!

Like this comment
Posted by Tomato, tomahto, $25
on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:35 am

Here a deal for a great time!

Web Link

Tomato Battle Admission to October 1 NorCal Tomato Battle and One Beer $25

Tomato, tomahto, potato, potahto -- there's no need to call the whole thing off just because you can't agree. Instead, duke it out in a good old-fashioned food fight at the NorCal Tomato Battle with today's deal: Pay $25 (regularly $60) for a ticket to this October 1 event at...

I'm there!!!

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

The valley needs strong leadership on BART board

3 Great Ways to Showcase Your Strengths on College Applications!
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 413 views