Register for ShopPleasanton, get two County Fair tickets

Original post made on Jun 14, 2011

The Pleasanton Weekly will be giving away two free tickets to the Alameda County Fair to the first 75 people who register on ShopPleasanton.com. Registration is free.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, June 13, 2011, 6:34 PM

Posted by Well?
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 14, 2011 at 9:32 am

Well? I registered and it says there is a drawing.

So is this available to the first 75 folks or are only 75 folks going to get the tickets?

Confusing as usual.

Posted by Gina Channell-Allen
president of the Pleasanton Weekly
on Jun 14, 2011 at 10:13 am

Gina Channell-Allen is a registered user.

The page says: The Pleasanton Weekly will be giving away 2 FREE tickets to the Alameda County Fair for the first 75 Registrants on ShopPleasanton.com

Registration is FREE, Limited to the first 75 Registrants

Visit Web Link for more information.

There's no drawing.

Posted by Jewels
a resident of San Ramon
on Jun 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

I agree that it's confusing. The link takes you to the main county fair page, where I can find zero information about this giveaway. If you go to the ShopPleasanton site, it does suggest there's a drawing. I went ahead and registered, but I think the instructions need to be more clear - is this a drawing or not?

Posted by Curious
a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 14, 2011 at 11:31 am

@ Gina- This is the text you receive once you enter:

Entry Received

Thanks for entering into our contest!

We will be drawing random entries from the list on 06/24/2011. We'll notify you if you're a prize winner.

Good luck!

ShopPleasanton.com

That conflicts with what you posted in your message.

Posted by Gina Channell-Allen
president of the Pleasanton Weekly
on Jun 14, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Gina Channell-Allen is a registered user.

Ah, I didn't realize it was in the confirmation email. I'll make sure that gets corrected. Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know.

Posted by Lindsay
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:51 am

Thanks for the tickets!!

Posted by Lisa
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

I love these people who complain even when they're getting a chance to win something for free.

Thanks for my tickets!

Posted by How
a resident of Pleasanton Valley
on Jun 15, 2011 at 9:41 am

How did you get the tickets after registering?

Sorry, it might be free but you'd expect a newspaper to be able to clearly write a paragraph that the reader can understand.

There was conflicting information.

Posted by Curious
a resident of Del Prado
on Jun 15, 2011 at 10:13 am

@ Gina - how do we get the free tickets once we have registered? There was no mechanism to download the tickets or directions on how to obtain them. Thanks for your help.

Posted by Lindsay
a resident of Vineyard Avenue
on Jun 15, 2011 at 10:26 am

The email I got yestereday, you would get one if you registered and were amoung the first 75 to do so...

Congratulations! You are a recipient of two tickets to the Alameda County Fair!

Please visit the Pleasanton Weekly at 5506 Sunol Blvd., Pleasanton, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to pick up your tickets.

Thank you for registering with ShopPleasanton.com. We hope you will visit the site often and take advantage of the many features available. Merchants consistently change their offers and update the event calendar, so visit every day to see what's new.

Regards,
Gina

Posted by Sue
on Jun 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Thanks for the nice e-mail and tickets-I will be in this afternoon to pick them up.

Posted by java
a resident of Charter Oaks
on Jun 30, 2011 at 9:16 am

Did they post a list of the winners? It's possible my work spam detained my email?

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

GE's re-organization reaches San Ramon digital headquarters

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 67 comments | 1,057 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 1 comment | 383 views