Have you seen 'Chorkie?'

Original post made on Dec 6, 2010

Have you seen 1-year-old Chorkie? Medical student Melina Mashi who lives in Pleasanton lost the dog following a 7 p.m. traffic accident Saturday night on southbound I-680 near the Castlewood Drive/Sunol Boulevard exit.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, December 6, 2010, 12:05 PM

Posted by M
a resident of Vintage Hills
on Dec 6, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Oh~ so glad they came out of the accident OK. I'm confident someone will see this article and Chorkie will be home for the holidays!

Posted by Na
on Dec 7, 2010 at 8:57 am

On craigs list there in an add for a dog that someone found on the highway but the dogs in concord. May be the same one.

Posted by Glenn Wohltmann
on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Good news. Chorkie has been found.

Posted by Cindy
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Dec 7, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Thank God, a happy ending.

Posted by Resident
a resident of Lydiksen Elementary School
on Dec 7, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Would be nice to have The Weekly have a lost and found pets section, perhaps more animals can be reunited with their owners. Everyone should take any found pets to a vet to be scanned for a possible microchip, which would lead to the owner. Did Murphy's Paw donate a fleece jacket to this lost dog? If so, that was so sweet! I love your store and hope to support it more.

Posted by Faran
a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 7, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Thank you Pleasanton Weekly, Thank you Jeff for making this happen. I wrote to Jeff and he came through. My friend Melina was so devostated. Surviving the accident was a miracle, but finding her favorite dog, just made our X-Mas Miracle even more perfect. Thank you Pleasanton Weekly and Thank you the community for your help..

Posted by DG
a resident of Foothill Farms
on Dec 8, 2010 at 8:27 am

A great Christmas story

Posted by laurie
a resident of another community
on Dec 8, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh, this is fantastic! I love to hear the success stories. Just to add a side note, Murphy's Paw is the best pet store around and all of the staff are wonderful!

Posted by Cyrus Akbarpour
a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 8, 2010 at 11:39 am

My very special thanks to PleasantonWeekly and Jeb Bing that brought my family back together. I don't know how to thanks everyone for all the support. We own our family reunion to Murphy's Paw owner Melanie Sadek, Terri and her family who found Cookie (real name) and took care of him like he's their own. Only special people would that and we were so lucky that our spoiled cute little cookie found them. Please stay tuned for more updates and detail story of how we passed these 3 terrible days and more useful information that will be a guide for everyone who owns a pet and love them as their kids not simply as some people say "A Dog"!
Cyrus (Cookie's Dad), Melina (Cookie's Mommy) and Happy little Cookie

Posted by Valerie
on Dec 8, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Our family cried happy tears reading this. Juliana Pribela is our new hero. We know she must have fell in love with Cookie, and saying goodbye must have been so difficult. Juliana, you are a great person!

Posted by Cyrus Akbarpour
a resident of Stoneridge
on Dec 8, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Dear Valerie,
Definitely Juliana is the hero who saved Cookie's life and also saved our family. But there is no goodbye. Little Cookie just found a very dear friend. Juliana and her family are the most welcome people in the world to our home.

Posted by Auntie Monika
a resident of another community
on Dec 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm

I had the best present ever in my life during Christmas time. Santa came early this year for my family and myself. First it was my beautiful sister after that horrible accident and now my nephew Cookie (finally found our little baby). I want to thank Juliana for being our family hero. I know you fell in love with our baby boy cookie, and seeing you say goodbye to him was super hard and tearful but thank you so much for giving him back to us and taking a great care of him. You are a wonderful person and I wish you the best of everything in life. Once again thank you all for your prayers and help.

Posted by Auntie Susan
a resident of another community
on Dec 9, 2010 at 12:54 am

Our family, especially my 5 years old daughter who calls Cookie; her cousin all truly love Cookie but I had never could relate to the pet lovers until I saw my brother and his girlfriend's devastation in the past few days. Seeing Cyrus and Melina, sobbing and crying for 3 days, not eating, not sleeping, being on the phone and internet constantly, using any tools possible to find their beloved cute dog, getting back to the accident scene at 3 am and breaking the silence of the wilderness and dark, yelling COOKIE, COOKIE, forgetting al about her new exciting job and his new venture and most importantly all the help, support and sympathy that they received from all of our wonderful friends in those 3 days, made Cookie a part of our family forever.

You know what, Cookie? It was all worth it! Your parents now believe that you, little spoiled rat have become a MAN! :) So no booties on snow this Christmas in Taheo! Promise! I love you so dearly! Auntie Susan

Posted by Karen
on Dec 9, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Hooray Juliana!! Our family had a similar experience two years ago when my granddog Molly was missing for 4 nights over Christmas. Thankfully a docent at the San Ramon Historical Society farm found our precious pet. Millions of thanks to you good folks out there!

Posted by Chcuk
a resident of Dublin
on Dec 9, 2010 at 4:26 pm

So what was the cause of the accident? Where was the dog riding? ON THE DRIVER'S LAP?

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

GE's re-organization reaches San Ramon digital headquarters

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 72 comments | 1,127 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 2 comments | 422 views