Town Square

Post a New Topic

A lot of smoke but no fire at Main Street restaurant yesterday

Original post made on Dec 2, 2010

Sometimes when there's smoke, there's actually not a fire. That was the case Tuesday morning around 5:40 a.m., when a kitchen fire at Pho Saigon in the 800 block of Main Street was called in to the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department.


Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 1:57 PM

Comments (2)

Like this comment
Posted by Better Safe Than Sorry
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Dec 2, 2010 at 3:56 pm

It could happen to you!
Unattended cooking is one of the chief causes of home and apartment fires, just counting "real" fires the the Fire Department has to put out.
It accounts for about 1/3 or the residential fires. Typical damage for such a kitchen fire is about $14,000 for unsprinklered buildings, and about $4,000 for those with fire sprinklers.
It is easy to leave the room "just for a moment" to answer the phone, or respond to a kid or a doorbell. Be very careful. Turn off the heat while you are gone, or get right back. A burned out kitchen and a smoke filled home would not be very festive!


Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Ridgeview Commons

on Apr 26, 2017 at 10:37 pm

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 6 comments | 600 views

Time for new collaboration between city and school district
By Tim Hunt | 2 comments | 385 views