VP Biden sneaks into Oakland to help Jerry McNerney

Original post made by jimf01, another community, on Oct 1, 2010

A 9AM Democrat fundraiser today in the Oakland area featured Vice-President Joe Biden at an undisclosed location. Jerry McNerney's campaign will benefit from the cash and maybe some publicity if the TV cameras are invited. I suspect that reporters will not have a chance to question the VP on the results of the just ended 'recovery summer', during which unemployment levels, home foreclosures, consumer confidence and many other measures of the economy have not improved.
Web Link
Web Link
I don't think Jerry McNerney would be eager to have reporters asking him about his vote for the failed stimulus package or the high unemployment levels in his district.

Rep Jerry McNerney has continued his pattern of keeping his public appearances secret, inviting only those who will give him campaign cash and not ask hard questions on camera.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:21 pm

jimf01 is a registered user.

Official info from the White House
Web Link

12:00 pm
The Vice President attends an event for Representative Jerry McNerney
Local Event Time:
9:00 AM PDT
California, Oakland
Closed Press

Closed to the press, as I surmised. Running FOR re-election, or running FROM something?

Posted by Had enough
a resident of Foothill High School
on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Just hang out along the Alamo canal where Jerry runs and then you can have some one-on-one time with him.

But he can't run from his voting record and the dismal results that have come from that legislation.

Posted by Had enough
a resident of Foothill High School
on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Also, this makes a joke of the "I'm an independent" mailing he recently sent out.

While Jerry may try to make himself out as an independent to get more of our votes, ask yourself whether he will do a bait-and-switch post the election. I suspect he will.

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Oct 1, 2010 at 4:30 pm

?? Is Jerry raising money in Oakland, rather than in his District, because he'd never get a dime here???

unclehomerr..

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:27 pm

jimf01 is a registered user.

Either Joe Biden has a very fast motorcade, or the fundraiser for Jerry was in Berkeley at the Claremont Hotel. White House put out false information on where the VP was going.

Jerry McNerney's campaign staff not only did not want the press or the public showing up, they must've realized that saying VP Biden is doing a fundraiser for Jerry McNerney in The Peoples Republic of Berkeley would not sound too good

Fundraiser scheduled for 9am

Web Link
Berkleydise reporter states Biden left the Claremont at 10am
Web Link
A bit later, Reporter Matt O'Brien tweets that the motorcade went by the Trib building in Oakland, 880 was shut down
Less than two hrs later numerous tweets complaining that flights were halted and delayed for AF2 arrival at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.

Posted by Judy
on Oct 1, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Jim is our very own anti-McNerney, anti-Democrat spin machine. You want to talk about politicians who hide? Let me point to Sen. Tom Coburn,R-Ok, as the biggest chicken in Congress.

His actions are costing lives, right now, in Haiti. Can't say that about Biden and McNerney, can you?

Nearly nine months after the earthquake, more than a million Haitians still live on the streets between piles of rubble. One reason: Not a cent of the $1.15 billion the U.S. promised for rebuilding has arrived.

Now the authorization bill that would direct how the aid is delivered remains sidelined by a senator who ANONYMOUSLY pulled it for further study. Through calls to dozens of senators' offices, the AP learned it was Sen. Tom Coburn, a Republican from Oklahoma.

Web Link

This sickens me to my very core. It is this kind of Republican shenanigans to delay, interrupt and sabotage the work of Congress that has earned them the name "Party of No".

The Republican campaign to foster anger and fear in this country has worked. I am fearful of them and angry at them and promise that this will be the last election in which I will vote as a member of the Republican party.

Posted by Steve
on Oct 1, 2010 at 9:10 pm

jimf01, before making your moronic comments, you may want to do your homework. The Claremont Hotel is in Oakland, not Berkeley.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Oct 1, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Steve - before making yourself look like the moron, google it
Web Link

Web Link

Judy - You can divert to another person to try and take focus off McNerney, but Sen Coburn did not cause the earthquake in Haiti and the US is not responsible for saving lives in Haiti. The people and government of the US are the most generous foreign aid providers worldwide, by far. Billions of dollars, public and private, have already gone to Haiti. The VERY SAME article you provided says "The U.S. has already spent more than $1.1 billion on post-quake relief".

The same article further states "Nor is Haiti getting much from other donors. Some 50 other nations and organizations pledged a total of $8.75 billion for reconstruction, but just $686 million of that has reached Haiti so far"

NEXT?

Posted by StopMcNerneysDestruction
on Oct 1, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Kudos Jim01.
Doesn't take much to make these libtards look moronic.
I also have to tip my hat to you.
You manage to maintain patience while debating these people.
I have lost my patience.
They are hard core anti-American leftists.
In my mind, it is not worth debating them...only defeating them.
And they are tough fighters...better fighters than conservatives.
That is because, unlike the restrictive rules they place on our military in battle, democrats know no rules when fighting conservatives.
They fight nasty...which is the way I prefer frankly.
I am ready...and will fight them civilly...but if that doesn't work, I'll take a page or two from their book and fight them uncivilly.
Whatever it takes...because this is a battle for America's freedom...vs. the Democrats goal of ultimate control over our lives, socialism and its slippery slope of marxism and communism.
The fight is on.
I am primed ... and yes, I am a proponent of the 2nd amendment too.

Posted by Steve
on Oct 1, 2010 at 10:27 pm

So sad, jimf01, that you still can't seem to do your homework. The Claremont Resort Hotel is indeed located completely in Oakland. A small portion of the hotel's property on which the tennis club is located, is in Berkeley, which is the address the hotel uses. The vice president was indeed in Oakland today; his appearance was in the hotel building itself, not the tennis club, of course. Feel free to check the Berkeley zoning map or any other reference source...unless you just want to rely on an inaccurate Google search for your data. Must be a bummer being you...especially when you're called out on your inaccuracies.

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Oct 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Man, it sure is difficult to write an accurate post when the White House, The Oakland Papers, McNerney's office, Google, and the Claremont Hotel all don't know what they're talking about.

Why don't we just make stuff up??

unclehomerr..

Posted by Nurse Shark
a resident of Bridle Creek
on Oct 2, 2010 at 8:12 am

jimfo1 is frequently confused about where he is. Case in point: although he lives in Tracy, he thinks he lives in Pleasanton. He'd have you think so, too...

Posted by Judy
on Oct 2, 2010 at 10:32 am

One more reason that I will never vote Republican again: There are at least 78 political candidates in this year’s midterm elections who would force a woman to give birth to a rapist’s baby. That’s the extreme-of-the-extreme when it comes to opposing legal abortion.

The Republican National Coalition For Life, a political action committee formed by Phyllis Schlafly, sends out questionnaires every election season to Republican candidates asking them to lay out their positions on abortion.

A list of responses from this year's candidates indicate that 78 Senate and House candidates answered that they are "pro-life without discrimination," meaning they don't agree with any exceptions to a ban on abortion, including incest and rape.

I am sick and tired of extremists, and most of them seem to be Republicans these days.

Web Link

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Oct 2, 2010 at 10:53 am

jimf01 is a registered user.

Zoning maps? Wow, this is what we have to get to to expose McNerney's deception, he drives to a location with a Berkeley address, but since he is a few feet inside the Oakland border, I am a liar?

nurse, every post I make I label with my location, which is "another community". Others have decided to tell everyone I live in Tracy, and I never claimed to be a Pleasantonian or try to make anyone think I do.

Judy - there are races, even in California, wherein the Republican is "pro-choice" and the Democrat is "pro-life", which candidate would you vote for in that case? It is s simple question, can you give a simple answer?

StopM - I hear you, but I caution you that the rhetoric has to be controlled, I am pro 2a but declaring it in the context of talking about being primed for a fight is not what is needed in a political debate.

Posted by Judy
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Jim -- The simplest answer is that I do not have any of the reverse stance candidates on my ballot that you are alluding to, so your question is moot. If that ever happens on my ballot, I'll figure it out the old fashioned way -- think it through very, very carefully.

Posted by Nurse Shark
a resident of Old Towne
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Good answer, Judy!

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:18 pm

jimf01 is a registered user.

no answer at all is a good answer Judy, but you have already declared you will never ever vote for a Republican? Which is it? The question wasn't about your ballot, so it is not moot. But thanks for playing

Posted by Judy
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Jim -- You asked a question that cannot be answered in practical terms, only in theoretical terms, so why should I waste my time justifying myself to you and your arrogance? Why take your bait? Your only purpose in asking would be to bash me for my moral position on a non-existent issue.

"NEXT" and "But thanks for playing"? I find it quite sad that you seem to be motivated to demonstrate that you are always right and superior to others posters by attempting to humiliate those who express their opinions freely.

Posted by Nurse Shark
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:34 pm

jim,

Why is it a game? Why do others have to see things in the most simplistic terms, as you apparently do? Judy's answer was a good one because things aren't really as simple as the question you framed wants it to be.

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with these weird posts.

Posted by jimf01
a resident of another community
on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:43 pm

jimf01 is a registered user.

Lisa V of the CC Times picked up on the same thing I posted about yesterday
Web Link

from her column:

...campaign spokeswoman Sarah Hersh told me last night that no details were being released because the event was not open to the press.

No offense, but when did open press equate to news value? And what possible down side could there be to news of McNerney having eggs and bacon with the Vice President of the United States?...

I love it, but I heard Jerry is more of a granola guy

Posted by VsJimfo1
on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Jim is proud of only eating steak (raw).

You can send flowers c/o ValleyCare and now Memorial Gardens. He died a man....at 26.

Posted by Issues please
on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:49 am

Oh the leftists in Pleasanton, (of course they could be sitting in Pelosi's office or in DC) they simply refuse to discuss McWeenie's weak performance. Instead, they, nurse shark, steve, judy etc CHANGE the SUBJECT. They DEFLECT ALL REAL COMMENTS OR FACTS about Jerry, instead talk about SEN, (not jerry), or REPUB (not jerry), the inches difference location of the Claremont Hotel (not jerry). They just blab and dodge, blab and dodge. ....So let US analyze on our own. Since Biden did NOT COME into JERRY'S DISTRICT, does that mean they already KNOW McWeenie has lost. Biden was at the Claremont doing a BIG $$ ticket for Boxer...which they have NOT had to do in year's past. But Blabby Bi*** Boxer blabbed one time too often insulting an officer on TV.. AND shed reminded him how hard she worked to become a Senator and expected him to address her as SENATOR...AS IF the hearing was about HER. How self-centered, arrogant, and mouthy...she has definitely been there too long.
McWeenie knows he has NOT REPRESENTED 'the PEOPLE' of the district. McWeenie votes against our interests. Any weenie coward can talk motherhood, children, apple pie, and veterans...those are easy softies...but these are TOUGH times, and he is worthless.

Posted by Issues please
on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:00 am

We're still waiting for answers to WHY DOES JERRY HIDE FROM US? WHY DID HE & BIDEN MEET OUTSIDE HIS DISTRICT? WHY WAS PRESS NOT ALLOWED? WHY IS HE HIDING FROM THE PEOPLE OF HIS DISTRICT FOR THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN? ? ? ? ? In these tumultous times, there have been horrible big issues that he DODGED, and unnecessary issued that he helped ram through. He lied and pretended he was independent, yet he 'goes along' with Pelosi....not the people in his district !
Shame on Jerry.