Our Company Health Insurance Increased by 84%...thanks to Obama/McNerneyCare

Original post made by RememberInNovember, Another Pleasanton neighborhood, on Sep 1, 2010

For those of you who are still fortunately employed -- despite Obama's and McNerney's efforts to put you on foodstamps -- I wonder if you are aware of the difference in your employer costs for next benefit-year vs. last for providing health insurance for you and your family.

The employer costs for our family for next benefit-year (starting October for us) increased a whopping 84% !!!

And what a deal...this increase is for an inferior plan compared to last year!

And the costs will keep increasing too!

McNerney...you've shoved this unconstitutional mandate down our throats. (BTW: I understand you voted to keep your elite Congressional health insurance package vs. accepting the plan for ordinary "lower class" Americans.)

We will remember in November.

You are a loathsome spineless socialist.

Like this comment
Posted by Peter
on Sep 1, 2010 at 8:02 am

Amazing that you can pack so many lies into one posting. Don't let the white hoods get too tight at your next Klan...I mean Tea Party meeting.

Like this comment
Posted by RememberInNovember
on Sep 1, 2010 at 8:30 am

Lies ???!!! I only wish.

Hmmm...So I'll contact my health insurance provider and tell them that "Peter" told me not to pay it because he thinks your bill is bogus. Is that it?

Last year's ppd cost for family coverage: $1,152.60
This year's ppd cost for family coverage: $2,116.28

Do the math.

It's an 84% increase and it is due to the passage of Obama/McNerneyCare.

Like this comment
Posted by RememberInNovember
on Sep 1, 2010 at 9:21 am

PS, Peter...

"White Hoods and Klan" were from the Democrat party.

Learn your history.

Like this comment
Posted by Curious
a resident of Del Prado
on Sep 1, 2010 at 9:35 am

@ November - Can you please cite a reference supporting your assertion that the recently passed health insurance reform legislation, which has not gone into effect for the most part, was responsible for the rate increases you have seen? Do you recall, Blue Cross was hammered last year for similar increases here in California before any bill was even debated and passed. I think your health insurer has used the legislation as a convenient strawman to increase your rates.

Like this comment
Posted by get a brain
on Sep 1, 2010 at 10:14 am

Curious, you got it just right. RememberinNovember is so wrapped up in the tea bagger mentality that he/she/it uses any excuse for a rant against the candidates. BTW, I have not enjoyed the cold summer in P-town this year so RinN which Democrat shoved that one down my throat?

Like this comment
Posted by Interesting
on Sep 1, 2010 at 11:28 am

Yes, I too would like to see some documentation that it's the "Obama/McNerneyCare" that raised your health care premiums so much. My understanding is that the new health care legislation specifically RESTRICTS the amount that health insurance companies can raise rates for enrollees... AND that your health insurance company was going to raise the rates MUCH higher before the new legislation came in and put a cap on this gouging.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

The valley needs strong leadership on BART board

3 Great Ways to Showcase Your Strengths on College Applications!
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 394 views