Mayors of 4 cities served by TV30 vote to keep control of community television system

Original post made on Mar 8, 2010

The mayors of the four cities served by TV30 community television have voted to keep themselves in place for at least another six months as the station's board of directors.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, March 8, 2010, 5:40 AM

Like this comment
Posted by Don't know
on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Why is Livermore Parks and Recreation the only thing I can ever find....regardless of hour, repeated over and over.
I haven't been able to find Pleasanton Countil in a year. Is that intentionally to keep us in the dark. There is broadcasting going out because Liv Park & Rec is always there ! Isn't that a waste ? It's sure NOT serving the tri-valley.

Like this comment
Posted by Joe
on Mar 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Does anyone know where AT&T U-verse is and why we can't have it in this valley...two years after San Leandro and the "other side" have had it? Could it be "PAYOLA"................YES I AM THINKING SO!

Like this comment
Posted by Pete
on Mar 8, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Don't Know,

Maybe you do not have a remote and your TV has been on the same channel for ever. Try getting off the couch and manually switch channels. Pleasanton City Council is often broadcasted on channel 29. Otherwise, maybe a voice recognition channel changer might assist you. Hope that helps.

Like this comment
Posted by Jerry
a resident of Oak Hill
on Mar 9, 2010 at 1:11 am

Joe,

AT&T came by my house(west side of town)approx 3 months ago offering U-verse. Said they had installed it a couple blocks from my house...

From the info they gave me, at this time, they seem to have better rates than Comcast with about the same plans, ect. But rates can change over night so I'm waiting for someone I know to subscribe and see what they think about it...

Like this comment
Posted by Dodn't know
on Mar 9, 2010 at 11:17 pm

YES ! 29 is always where I go for community TV. I just seems like sometime this last year I should have accidently caught Pleasanton...instead of LIV Parks & Recs REPEATS again, and again, and again. I can't believe my luck could be that bad. WHO is checking the coverage distribution and TRI valley coverage. I honestly there was some deal where it had gone to all LIVERMORE coverage. Apparently that isn't true...so time for me to do some complaining...or Pleasanton should withdraw any contributions we may make...we're NOT being treated fairly ! Unfair treatment angers me.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

The valley needs strong leadership on BART board

A good year for Pleasanton; 2018 could be even better