Town Square

Post a New Topic

Livermore mercury spill closes part of Kelly Street

Original post made on Jun 10, 2009

Cleanup crews and toxic specialists from the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Monday cautiously contained and covered an approximate 2 x 2 square foot spill of liquid Mercury on the pavement in front of 2886 Kelly Street, Livermore.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, June 8, 2009, 3:58 PM

Comments (2)

Like this comment
Posted by Pleasanton resident
a resident of Another Pleasanton neighborhood
on Jun 10, 2009 at 5:59 pm

This serves as a good reminder, all the CFL bulbs we've all been buying in the last few years has mercury in them (sort of defeats the "green" point of them but that's another story)...and they are quite breakable...so be careful if you happen to drop one and it breaks to avoid breathing in the fumes.

Also kind of scary that these things have been very popular for years now and yet there's very little awareness on how to dispose of them properly. I imagine our landills are getting a good dose of mercury, so another good reminder in this article how to dispose them.


Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Ridgeview Commons

on Apr 25, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 90 comments | 1,385 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 6 comments | 559 views