Republican AGAINST measure G

Original post made by Ken in South Pleasanton, Downtown, on May 25, 2009

A recent posting online complained that he/she was a republican who was voting for measure G because he/she HAD NO CHOICE, "PUSD is threatening to hurt my children by eliminating educational programs instead of taking pay cuts and other belt-tightening. As a result, I have to vote yes so my children can continue to get the minimal education they current receive."
To this I say, "Get a backbone."
If I told you I was going to break the windows on your BMW if you didn't let me drive it, would you let me drive it, even knowing that I would continue taking advantage of you after you let me drive it?
If you let our elected and appointed officials blackmail you with threats just to get your vote you might as well not even waste the time to go to the polling booth. Don't accept mediocrity! Stand up to these threats and hold them accountable to perform the job duties THEY CAMPAIGNED FOR! If they are not up to the task, VOTE THEM OUT AT THE NEXT OPPORTUNITY. Stop being a coward and stop being bullied by the unions that represent teachers, state workers, police, and fire. VOTE NO ON G AND REGAIN CONTROL OF THOSE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT US.

Like this comment
Posted by unclehomerr..
on May 25, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Let's see if I can save some money for the schools...

Superintendents don't educate kids.
Deputy Superintendents don't educate kids.
Special Assistants to the Superintendent don't educate kids.
Assistant Superintendents don't educate kids.
Associate Superintendents don't educate kids.
Curriculum Directors don't educate kids.. lemme see?
Math, Science, Language, Arts, Music. There, that's done.
Finance Directors don't educate kids. We're broke right?
Who needs 'em.

Classroom teachers.. gotta love'em.

There you go. Any more problems, gimme a call.

unclehomerr..

Like this comment
Posted by No on G
on May 25, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Thank you for the logic in your post. I think they are wasted on the supporters of the measure, however. I hope I am wrong.

Like this comment
Posted by Yes on G
on May 26, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Vote Yes on G if you disagree with unclehomerr from lala-land

Like this comment
Posted by Leroy
on May 26, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I think that all of us have to take care of ourselves. If there is not enough money in the school, do what I do, do what businesses do,
Stop spending. Cut down to the basics. If I don't have enough money to pay your extra property tax bill, what will you do for me?

I think it sends a bad message to this generation that we owe them a standard even if the world is sinking.

The beauracrats need to compete in a free market economy. If the superintendant can't get it done, get someone else.

Like this comment
Posted by Katie
a resident of Ruby Hill
on May 26, 2009 at 4:34 pm

I find it funny when I am in class trying to learn my teacher starts lecturing us on measrure g and the parcel tax. Hello, it is school!! We have a right to vote for what we want to vote for. She should be teaching us, not telling us to tell our parents to vote for this or that....

Like this comment
Posted by for Katie
on May 26, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Katie,
You are right. Your teacher should be teaching not campaigning for Measure G.
Next time, bring your cell phone to class, and when the teacher starts campaigning, dial your home # or any number where you know there's an answering machine that will pick up Record what your teacher says.
Post the recording on You Tube with a photo of your school and your classroom. Make sure to post from a computer that isn't your own.
Then post the You Tube site on the blogs.
Once the word gets out, the teacher will get in trouble and stop wasting class time.

Parents will tell you that having your cell phone turned on in class is against the rules. So is your teacher using the classroom to campaign. Some parents or other adults will tell you that you should complain to the principal or your counselor.

Forget it. We all know that when its a student's word against a teacher's word, the school will always take the teacher's side.
Have your proof and use it.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

GE's re-organization reaches San Ramon digital headquarters

Sound and Fury over Vile and Slur-ry
By Tom Cushing | 77 comments | 1,213 views

New state housing requirements could affect Pleasanton
By Jeb Bing | 5 comments | 490 views