Post a New Topic
Proposal of a Golf Tax in California is Unfair and Unjust.
Original post made
by Sean, Castlewood,
on Feb 10, 2009
As we begin 2009, a proposal looms in Sacramento that for the first time will tax playing golf in California. This unjust golf tax proposal is a real threat and will become law unless YOU act now. Depending on the county in which you play golf, or hit a bucket of balls, the tax will increase your fees about an extra 10 percent. The Governor’s proposal applies to all golf activities. This could include:
* Greens fees on ALL courses in the state
* Driving range fees
* Cart rentals
* Private club memberships and monthly dues, and
* Potentially other golf-related items such as entry to golf tournaments.
Targeting golf is unfair.
* The tax proposal singles out golf for taxation when other sports and recreational activities -- skiing, bowling, tennis, etc. -- are not being similarly taxed.
* Targeting one activity is simply unfair.
For more information please visit: