Mall purse snatcher arrested

Original post made on Dec 3, 2008

An alleged purse snatcher was arrested this morning after two witnesses chased after him and kept him from driving off in a motorcycle. Dwight Admues Mondaime, a 21-year-old resident of Gilroy, was charged with robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, December 1, 2008, 2:30 PM

Posted by Not So Lucky
on Dec 3, 2008 at 11:08 am

I am happy that this person was apprehended. I was not so lucky.

My wallet was stolen out of my purse at my place of business. My debit/VISA card was used at Best Buy in Dublin to purchase a TV & cell phone for over $1000, within 3 hours of being stolen. If the employees at Best Buy would have carded the MAN that used my(female) card for those purchases I might have my wallet back with my pictures, social security card and other items I can't replace. Not to mention stopped him from using other cards and money he stole from the building. When contacting Best Buy's store manager Mark, I asked how this could possibly happen and he actually had the nerve to say to me that it was against the law to ask for ID in California - WHAT!!! Seriously, because of Best Buy's lack of concern, and this low life criminal that stole my wallet, I will have to continue to monitor my Social Security number as well as my 5 year old sons for many years to come to avoid additional violation from this incident. I know that I should not have had my social security card in my wallet, I have heard the horror stories, so if you are carrying yours in your wallet or purse, please tonight when you get home - TAKE IT OUT!

Hurray to those that stepped up to the plate to help this woman out...I hope they are safe and the injury to the leg will heal without incident.

Merry Christmas!

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Dec 3, 2008 at 11:38 am

It's time to execute some of the goons! BUSTED...hahahahahahahahah...

Posted by Joan
on Dec 3, 2008 at 11:58 am

That was really nice of those people to go after the thief.

Posted by Jerry
a resident of Oak Hill
on Dec 4, 2008 at 12:24 am

Hope they sent Rin-Tin-Tin in the "wooded area" to find this joker. Let him have a little fun like he did when the bank robber refused to come out of the backyard shed. He doesn't get to have that much fun riding around in the back of a patrol car all day.

Posted by bel
a resident of Val Vista
on Dec 4, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Glad they caught the jerk, I hope the person who leg was stabbed with the key is ok.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from PleasantonWeekly.com sent to your inbox in the Express newsletter.

Some of the best jobs around
By Sherry Listgarten | 5 comments | 3,429 views

People and Relationships Never Stop Being a Work in Progress
By Chandrama Anderson | 3 comments | 1,928 views

Economist opines on root causes of today's problems

Wine about it
By Monith Ilavarasan | 0 comments | 502 views

What Is a Good College?
By Elizabeth LaScala | 0 comments | 381 views

Support local families in need

Your contribution to the Pleasanton Weekly Holiday Fund will go directly to nonprofits supporting local families and children in need. Last year, Pleasanton Weekly readers contributed over $74,000. A match by our fiscal sponsor, Three Valleys Community Foundation (3VCF), elevated the grand total to $80,000.

DONATE HERE