Something burned in p-town tonight

Original post made by Neighbor, Downtown, on Oct 20, 2008

Us neighbors were outside and heared lots of sirens around 7 or later. Wind blew and we smelled some kind of chemicals or plastic. Some of us felt burning in our eyes and throat.Just wondering what burned.

Posted by Concerned
a resident of Civic Square
on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:22 pm

I smelt it also.

Posted by Emily West
Pleasanton Weekly staff reporter
on Oct 22, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Emily West is a registered user.

I called the fire department and they said there were only medical calls in Pleasanton on Monday evening.

Posted by raven
a resident of Amador Valley High School
on Oct 22, 2008 at 9:10 pm

I was washing my car at the car wash downtown and the house that is across the street for the wash bays was burned out. From the looks of the house, at least 3 units were probably called. So sad for the owners.

Posted by Wow
a resident of Civic Square
on Oct 22, 2008 at 9:39 pm

A big fire like that and the only news source in Pleasanton is saying that the fire department had no fires Monday evening? Odd. Very odd.

Posted by Neighbor
on Oct 22, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Thank you Emily for your response. But there was alot of fire trucks around and I feel they are hiding something from pleasanton weekly.

Wow - you have a huge point, its called bull _____..

Raven - Thank you for the report

I feel sorry for the people who lived there. If they need anything like clothes for females and maybe some for males. I may have some for them.

Posted by Marcia
a resident of Del Prado
on Oct 23, 2008 at 12:24 am

You know, that was a song title, by the late, great Waylon Jennings. Something Burned in P-Town Last Night.

Posted by Nothing
on Oct 23, 2008 at 8:11 pm

... in any of the local papers. Was the house across the street from the car wash fine before Monday evening, Raven? I mean, are you certain it was a "new burn"? If so, I really do wonder what IS the story, why no one has reported on it. Not saying I don't believe you, but it is strange.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from PleasantonWeekly.com sent to your inbox in the Express newsletter.

We need stable, climate-forward land use policies
By Sherry Listgarten | 4 comments | 3,333 views

Use Your Words!
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,730 views

Hacienda Business Park turns 40 this year

Why this district attorney race matters
By Monith Ilavarasan | 1 comment | 536 views

A seat at the table
By Gina Channell Wilcox | 1 comment | 356 views

2022 guide to summer camps

Looking for something for the kids to do this summer, learn something new and have fun? The Summer Camp Guide features local camps for all ages and interests.

Find Camps Here