NEWS ALERT:Most local candidate lists confirmed

Goodguys rolls into town this weekend

Original post made on Mar 29, 2008

The Goodguys 26th All American Get-Together is back this weekend at the Alameda County Fairgrounds.

Area gearheads and car lovers can partake in the largest two-day automotive event, featuring indoor and outdoor car shows with over 3,500 hot rods, custom cars, classics, trucks, muscle cars and street machines of all years, makes and models.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, March 28, 2008, 3:50 PM

Posted by unclehomerr..
on Mar 29, 2008 at 8:50 pm

How come we can shut down Main Street for a parade of guys in skirts or chiropractors in tents, but folks proud of their hot rods are stuck at the fairgrounds? Wouldn't the owners showing their cars buy dinner on Main Street and lots of folks who wouldn't pay $15 admission and $8 parking would get to see them too?

Let's bring the classics & hot rods back to Main Street!!

unclehomerr..

Posted by Jerry
a resident of Oak Hill
on Mar 30, 2008 at 12:10 am

"Guys in skirts and chiropractors in tents". WHOA! What have I been missing!!! I gotta get downtown more often!!!

Those Goodguys have some neat vehicles. When they were here last year I saw '32 Ford Sedan almost like the one I had as a teenager many years ago. Brought back fond memories of a carefree time that I probably shouldn't have survived......

Posted by Stacey
a resident of Amberwood/Wood Meadows
on Mar 30, 2008 at 8:10 am

I thought the hot rods no longer have Cruise Night on Main Street because the event got too big.

Posted by Cholo
a resident of Livermore
on Mar 30, 2008 at 11:52 am

I'll be there, leaning waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back like I'm speeding!

Posted by MARCUS
a resident of Livermore
on Mar 30, 2008 at 5:33 pm

I WAS THERE IT WAS THE BEST CAR SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!THE SWAP MEET WAS THE BEST!!!

Posted by Sharon
on Mar 31, 2008 at 6:37 pm

We also enjoyed strolling through the cars when the show was downtown. But the last time we went, we were "entertained" by the drunks and observed a fight that gathered a large crowd. Perhaps this is not the kind of activity that Pleasanton wants in their downtown community.