EBAL play is slowly getting underway, with this upcoming week starting to see some big games. Don’t be surprised to see a shakeup of this week’s rankings in this space next week.
1. De La Salle (6-1, 1-0): Had one league game so far, a 19-1 hammering of Dublin. This week will bring three EBAL games, including a tough Friday-Saturday pair of games against a sneaky good Dougherty Valley on Friday, followed by a showdown at Foothill on Saturday.
2. California (10-0): Yet to see an EBAL game but will get down to business on Friday with a big time game with San Ramon Valley. Will we see the Jaron Nevarez (SRV) vs. Nic Bronzini (Cal) pitching showdown?
3. Foothill (8-1, 2-0): The Falcons knock off Amador and Monte Vista to open the season. Now has a tough three game stretch this week, starting with Livermore and closing with a loaded Granada team on Friday and De La Salle on Saturday.
4. San Ramon Valley (8-2, 4-0): The Wolves rebounded from their two-game losing streak with three EBAL wins last week. Tough two games this week with Daugherty Valley and California.
5. Granada (6-2, 2-0): Picked up a pair of wins to start league play, beating Livermore and Daugherty Valley last week. Has a big one at the end of this week with Foothill.
On the bubble: Dougherty Valley (7-1, 0-1).
We are underway in EBAL play and we are getting some big games already, living up to the hype! There is a good chance to rankings will look different next week.
1. Granada (7-0, 2-0): The Matadors took game one of the battles with Livermore, 2-1, in a game that went down to the wire. Faces tough games again this week, including a showdown with Foothill on Friday.
2. Foothill (7-0, 1-0): Monster week for the Falcons, facing Livermore on Tuesday and Granada on Thursday. Trying to keep the stranglehold they have had on the league for a while now.
3. Livermore (4-1-1, 1-1): The Cowboys did have the 2-1 loss to Granada last week, but also had a convincing 6-2 win over San Ramon Valley. Big game Tuesday at Foothill.
4. California (6-2, 1-0): Flying a bit under the radar at this point but still getting it done. Big game on Thursday against San Ramon Valley, with the winner claiming the No. 4 spot in league play.
5. Dublin (3-0): Will give the Gaels the benefit of the doubt for now, although they have not played a league game and have only three games played overall. Gets a chance Tuesday to make a statement when they face Granada.
On the bubble: San Ramon Valley (5-4, 0-1); Amador Valley (4-2).