EBAL play gets underway for most teams this week, so let’s look at how the teams stack up as they enter league.
There is one team climbing a spot this week and one team dropping a spot.
1. De La Salle (4-1): The Spartans get a pair of nice, non-league wins last week, beating Elk Grove and St. Francis.
2. California (8-0): The Grizzlies take a pair of games from Santa Rosa last week to stay unbeaten. Hitting on all cylinders right now.
3. Foothill (6-1): The Falcons win a pair last week and the offense seems to have no problems scoring runs, racking up 19 runs in the two games, but the team allowed 15 in the two wins. Pitching will need to improve heading into league.
4. San Ramon Valley (5-2): The Wolves had been cruising but then dropped a pair on Saturday, losing to Heritage and College Park.
5. Granada (4-2): Beat Deer Valley to open the week, but close it out with a loss to Freedom
1. Granada (6-0): The Matadors head into a big week to start league, highlighted by a game against No. 2 Livermore on Tuesday.
2. Livermore (3-0-1): The Cowboys opened league yesterday against San Ramon Valley in a game past deadline, and then return to the diamond today against top ranked Granada.
3. Foothill (5-0): The Falcons swept all three games they played last week, topped off by a big 9-2 win over Alhambra on Saturday.
4. San Ramon Valley (4-2): The Wolves pulled out a 3-2 win over College Park last week, then opened league play Monday against Livermore.
5. California (3-2): The Grizzlies may have lost two, but both came to quality programs. Cal opened league play on Monday against Carondelet.