Here are my EBAL Basketball Power Rankings for both the boys’ and girls’ teams.
There doesn’t seem any reason for a shake-up as the teams at the top keep getting it done.
As was the case in our debut of the rankings, here are the top five boys’ and girls’ teams.
1. Dougherty Valley (9-0): Took the responsibility of owning the top spot and ran with it, knocking off San Leandro 64-48 and Heritage 49-30.
2. De La Salle (7-1): The Spartans took care of business against a good Sacramento program, winning 73-63.
3. San Ramon Valley (6-2): The Wolves suffered a loss since our last rankings, falling 52-48 to Northgate, but No. 4 Monte Vista lost also, and San Ramon has a head to head win over No. 5 Granada, so the rankings stay the same.
4. Monte Vista (7-3): The Mustangs lost 63-56 to Liberty, but did put together nice wins over Granite Bay and St. Mary’s so for now, they hold their spot
5. Granada (8-2): A very impressive 76-46 win over Valley Christian of San Jose leaves the Matadors as a team to be dealt with when the first week of EBAL play starts January 5.
On the bubble: Dublin 6-3, California 8-4.
1. Carondelet (7-0): This team is not slowing down, recently running off four straight wins in a nationwide tournament. They took down Arapahoe (Co.) 54-49, Victory Christian Center (N. Carolina) 60-39, Desert Vista (AZ.) 69-42, and St. Ignatius 58-57.
2. Granada (8-0): The Mats appear to be as advertised as they keep winning games. The last was a 58-36 win over Berkeley. It will be interesting to see how Granada fares in the Jamboree.
3. Monte Vista (7-1): The Mustangs played just once and just throttled Irvington 82-36 to pick up win No. 7.
4. Dublin (7-1): The Gaels also get their seventh win of the season, knocking off a tough Notre Dame of San Jose by a 57-53 final.
5. San Ramon Valley (6-2): Starting to hit their stride, the Wolves have been running off wins against some decent programs. First, James Logan went down 80-42, followed by a 65-39 win over Cardinal Newman.
On the bubble: Amador Valley (8-3), Dougherty Valley (6-3).