This week Cal High, at 4-0, stays on top of the Mountain division and Foothill, with a monster 21-14 win against cross-town rival Amador last week still in first in the Valley division.
Disagree? Let me know at [email protected]
1. California (4-0): Had a bye last week. Next up: At Dublin, 7 p.m. Friday night.
2. San Ramon Valley (3-1): A good solid 29-24 win over a solid Las Lomas team. The team looks to be getting better each week. Up next: at Foothill, 7 p.m.
3. Amador Valley (4-1): Lost 21-17 to cross-town rival Foothill after leading 14-0. This may be a game that the Dons learn from as they head towards the lethal Mountain division after one more game. The Dons have a bye this week. Up next: Will host San Ramon Valley on October 8 at 7 p.m.
4. Clayton Valley (4-1): Beat Monterey Trail 35-28. Don’t look at CV beating an 0-5 team by only one score and think any less of the win. Monterey Trail (Elk Grove) is 0-5 in non-league games, but they have played the toughest schedule in Northern California, losing to Folsom, Los Gatos, De La Salle, and Lincoln (Stockton) before falling to Clayton Valley. Up next: At California, October 8 at 7 p.m.
5. Monte Vista (4-0): Great defensive effort leads to the 14-0 win over El Cerrito. The Mustangs have not anything wrong this year but it’s just tough to move up in the Mountain rankings. Up next: Plays host to Livermore, Friday at 7 p.m.
1. Foothill (4-1): Got a monster 21-14 win over cross-town rival Amador Valley. After falling behind 14-0, the Falcons pounded the ball on the ground leading to a 21-0 run to close the game. Up next: Hosts San Ramon Valley, Friday at 7 p.m.
2. Dublin (4-1): The Gaels fired on all cylinders on the way to a convincing 37-14 win over Liberty. Big statement game this week. Up next: Hosting Cal, Friday at 7 p.m.
3. Livermore (4-1): Rebounded from two lackluster performances by blasting an overwhelmed Newark Memorial team 56-0. Things get a lot tougher this week. Up next: At Monte Vista, Friday at 7 p.m.
4. Dougherty Valley (4-0): The Wildcats keep getting things done in impressive style, dumping Deer Valley 31-14. Could move to 5-0 this week. Up next: At Vallejo, Friday at 7 p.m.
5. Granada (1-3): Had a bye last week and should come back with a win this week. Fremont of Oakland is 4-0 but have played no one of any substance. Up next: Hosts Fremont, Friday at 7 p.m.