Police were initially called to a disturbance at the bar at about 1:15 a.m. Nov. 3 that led to two men being asked to leave. Officers followed the men to make sure they were leaving, but two separate fights broke out between the brothers and two others at the bar's patio area, and Officer Rudy Granados was punched in the face during the scuffle.
Abraham Emmanuel Alejo, 23, of Vallejo, was arrested for battery of a police officer, a felony, a felony parole violation and resisting arrest. Ignacio Alejo, 25, of Hayward, was arrested for public drunkenness and challenging another to a fight.
In other police reports:
* Nearly an ounce of heroin was seized and two men were arrested in an incident that began with a Nov. 1 shoplifting call from Lucky Supermarket on Hopyard Road.
Police arriving on the scene spotted a car racing through the parking lot and squealing tires. The car was pulled over at about 5:21 p.m. near the intersection of Singletree Way and Dorman Road for reckless driving and as potentially involved in the shoplifting. A check showed the driver, Anthony Stovell, 28, of Oakland, was on probation with a search clause.
During the search, police discovered a straw and bottle with white powder residue and in the passenger door, a prescription bottle containing 23.8 grams of suspected heroin. Stovell and a passenger, Dwight Bradford, 20, also of Oakland both denied being the owner, so both men were arrested for possession of heroin with intent to sell. Stovell was also arrested for felony probation violation; he also had false identification for five people in his possession.
* Another drug sale arrest came two days earlier when police were doing a routine check at a hotel parking lot.
K-9 Officer Mark Sheldon was driving through the parking lot of the Hyatt House Hotel in the 4500 block of Chabot Drive and noticed a vehicle with an expired registration and its hood up; Nathan David White, 47, of Berkeley, was working on it, but Sheldon discovered White was on probation, which gave Sheldon the right to search the vehicle. Sheldon's dog discovered a container with marijuana residue.
A search of the room White and Alexis Wah, 42, of Oakland, were sharing turned up three small baggies containing 3.7 grams of suspected methamphetamine, 4.6 grams of marijuana and a glass smoking pipe.
White and Wah were arrested at about 3:39 p.m. Oct. 30 for possession of methamphetamines for sale, possession of marijuana for sale and paraphernalia possession.
* Jorge William Alcantara Jr., 29, of Pleasanton, was arrested at about 8:22 p.m. Oct. 29 for felony false imprisonment of a dependent adult and misdemeanor domestic battery.
* A resident of the 5100 block of Northway Road reported that someone had used her personal information to open a number of credit card accounts and the loss of about $3,600. A total of $2,524 was charged on an account opened at Nordstrom and an account was opened at JC Penney, with two transactions made totaling $1,071.
Attempts were made to open other accounts, including one at Wal-Mart, and a line of credit had been opened at Goodyear Tires, although no charges were made.
* Laptops were stolen in two separate auto burglaries on Nov. 4 at the Stoneridge Shopping Center. Both occurred between 5 and 6 p.m.
In one, a $1,500 laptop, a $200 rolling bag and miscellaneous documents were stolen between 5 and 5:50 p.m. In the other, a $1,000 laptop, $50 backpack and a set of keys were taken between 5:00 and 5:53 p.m. In both vehicles, windows had been broken to gain access.
* Jewelry and other items valued at a total of $2,135 was taken in a theft from a home between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Oct. 30. Among the items taken was a gold bracelet worth $500 and two gift cards worth $500. Police have a suspect.
* A bicycle worth $1,700 was stolen from the 3900 block of Stoneridge Drive at 5:39 a.m. Oct. 31. The bike had been locked at a railing near the home.
* A resident of the 3800 block of Mesa Verde Court told police she had been defrauded by a secret shopper scam in which she was told to deposit a check and keep a portion of it. The woman received and deposited a bogus $1,500 check, but wired $1,400 to the scam artist. The incident was reported at about 11:31 a.m. Oct. 31.
* Christopher Michael Selig, 26, of Concord was arrested at about 9 p.m. Nov. 4 for felony shoplifting in the theft of about $726 in clothing at Macy's Mens in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road.
* Gary Lee Gordon, 48, of Stockton was arrested at about 10:40 p.m. Nov 3 on the 7000 block of Commerce Drive on a felony warrant for drug possession out of Tracy.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 806 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.