* Horizon's Yearbook Group, Itzallana Sanchez at Horizon High School, $200, to create a school yearbook;
* "U R Beautiful" Campaign, Asia Kang at Foothill high, $150, a self-esteem campaign with the goal of preventing teen suicide, depression and bullying;
* "Uncontained Potential" Program, Tristan Maas at Foothill, $200, installing artworks to communicate the unlimited possibilities of education;
* Amador Valley High School, "We the People" National Competition, Adriana Morton at AVHS, $300, for the civics team to travel to the national competition;
* Wounded Warrior Blanket Project, Mikkel Ricafrente at Valley View Elementary, $300, for students to tie and sign blankets and send them to wounded soldiers for encouragement;
* Middle School Chess Club/High School Mentors, Samuel Saldinger at Pleasanton Middle School, $250, for high school students to help middle school students start a chess club and teach them rules and strategies so younger students can compete in tournaments;
* Spanish Club, Brooklyn Still at Donlon Elementary, $100, to promote the learning of Spanish by using puzzles, CDs, Books and vocabulary cards; and
* Bhangra Club, Sanjum Grewal at PMS, $500, to purchase costumes and props to be used annually for the Bhangra Club Performance at the school's multicultural talent show.
This story contains 230 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.