The homeowner knew that a credit card using his personal information had been opened in 2008; he attempted to resolve the matter himself before reporting the ongoing thefts. In all, $40,500 was stolen.
In other police reports:
* Police are investigating a March 30 arson, reported at 3:05 a.m. in the 700 block of Pietronave Lane. A car that had been stolen in San Jose was set on fire.
* Two separate felony cases of embezzlement were reported March 29. One, reported at about 2:09 p.m. in the 2600 block of Stoneridge Mall Road, involved identity theft. The other, reported at about 2:26 p.m. in the 1200 block of Quarry Lane, involved the writing of fraudulent checks. Additional details were not available.
* An overnight break at RePlanet Recycling in the 6100 block of W. Las Positas Boulevard netted nearly $2,000 in cash and change from the business. The burglary took place between 6 p.m. March 26 and 9:10 a.m. March 27. Entry was through the front door.
* A March 29 break-in at Public Storage in the 3700 block of Stanley Boulevard netted a television valued at $1,700, a second TV worth $350, and a $200 stroller. It's unknown how entry was made in the burglary, reported at 9:32 a.m.
* Kathy K. Suh, 57, of San Ramon was arrested at about 3:18 p.m. April 2 in the 1300 block of Stoneridge Mall Road for grand theft for taking clothing worth more than $2,125 from Macy's Women's; she was taken into custody after being spotted by store security.
* Roman Ralph Araya, 25, of Pleasanton was arrested at about 3:42 p.m. March 30 in the 1500 block of East Gate Way for felony possession of a handmade billy club.
* David P. Johnston, 37, of Livermore, was arrested at around 8:06 p.m. March 30 in the 900 block of Montevino Drive for felony possession of methamphetamines and paraphernalia possession. Johnstone was also arrested on a felony warrant from the Alameda County Sheriff's office.
* Edward Michael Rodriguez, 42, of Hayward was arrested at about 1 a.m. April 1 in the 4200 block of Valley Avenue on a felony warrant from Pleasanton for attempting to evade a police officer.
* Destiny Lajwell Foster, 21, of Vallejo was arrested at about 4:07 p.m. March 27 in the 1400 block of Stoneridge Mall Road for felony shoplifting in the theft of clothing worth $162 from Macy's Men's.
* A resident of the 1900 block of Via di Salerno reported an unauthorized credit card charge of $655 in an incident reported at 5:57 p.m. March 28.
* A bicycle and tools worth a total of $525 were reported stolen at about 8:06 p.m. March 27 from a shared garage in the 1500 block of East Gate Way.
* No entry was made, but a pry tool was used in a March 27 burglary attempt at a home in the 7800 block of Fairoaks Drive. Damage to the door was $500 in the break-in attempt, reported at 7:06 a.m. March 28.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 488 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.