Officer J. Christiansen spotted a car parked near the intersection of Mountain View Drive and Canyon Meadows Circle, saw a pair of people walking away from a pickup truck parked nearby, and saw property from the truck on the ground. Approaching the car, Christiansen saw a door lock punch on the floor; a search also yielded drugs, paraphernalia, shaved car keys, rubber gloves and documents and checks in the names of other people.
The two were taken into custody at about 2:30 a.m.
In other police reports:
* Russ William Mendenhall, 34, of Livermore was arrested Jan. 1 in the 5500 block of San Juan Way for receiving stolen property, auto parts theft, petty theft and resisting arrest. A call to police about an auto burglary led to the arrest; Mendenhall was seen looking into a car and apparently inadvertently activated a car alarm.
* Andrea Tatianna Murray, 40, of San Francisco, was arrested on a felony warrant for theft after a call about a suspicious person at the Stoneridge Shopping Center at about 11:20 a.m. Dec. 31. Murray was also arrested for receiving stolen property, paraphernalia possession and giving false identification to a police officer.
* A lock box at Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton in the 5800 block of Owens drive was pried open, keys were stolen and two Mercedes, a 2001 C320 worth $35,000 and a 2000 Mercedes ML320 worth more than $4,000 were stolen -- the second time a lock box at the dealership was pried open in less than a year. The thefts took place between 9 p.m. Dec. 25 and 6:30 a.m. Dec. 26.
* A burglary at a home in the 400 block of Rose Avenue netted $10,000 in jewelry and a laptop computer. An unlocked bathroom window provided access to the home. The break-in took place between 5:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25.
* Felony warrants for drug violations led to the arrests of two men in separate Dec. 26 incidents. John Franklin Schoch, 40, a transient, was arrested at about 9:39 a.m. in the 6400 block of Owens Drive. Richard Christopher Cordova, 23, of Brentwood was arrested at about 7 p.m. in the 1800 block of Santa Rita Road.
* Collectibles and tools were among the items stolen in a Dec. 30 burglary in the 3600 block of Andrews Drive. Eight boxes of baseball cards valued at $500, a collection of comic books worth $200, and a $50 figure set were taken, along with tools worth a total of $800, a $200 bag of clothing and a guitar amplifier worth $200. The burglary took place between 10:30 and 11 a.m.; there was no sign of forced entry.
* A Dec. 27 burglary at a home in the 6000 block of Corte Montanas netted about $3,000 in miscellaneous items, mostly computer equipment. The theft took place between 12:27 and 4 p.m., with access through a garage door.
Under the law, those arrested are considered innocent until convicted.
This story contains 533 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.